ZVex Effects ZVex Vexter Series Instant Lo-Fi Junky Modulation and Chorus/Vibrato Guitar Effects Pedal
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 06/18/21.
To get the basic real-time Lo-Fi sound, turn the middle knob all the way to the right and set the waveform switch to triangle. By adjusting the speed and depth it’s pretty easy to achieve a very similar texture to the original Lo-Fi Loop Junky. Lower the tone knob if you wish to darken the tone.
Next, try turning down the middle knob all the way toward the "comp" side. With this setting you'll enjoy a remarkably spanky bright and clear compression. It lasts forever but has dynamics like there’s no tomorrow. As you turn the middle knob back toward the Lo-Fi side, you’ll hear the chorus blend start to happen. The sparkly clear compressed signal will mix with the smashed, lo-fidelity warbled signal and become a luscious emulsification that can be blended to the most perfect depth. Unlike other choruses where the only depth control you have is the depth of the sweep oscillator, this unit lets you set exactly how much of the two signals are present in the mix... more clear compression if you want the sound to be basically clean with a hint of chorus, blended 1-to-1 for pure chorusing sound, or mostly vibrato with a hint of chorus by turning the knob mostly to the right. The chorus sound sounds most traditional with either the sine or triangle setting. They are subtly but noticeably different.
Now try switching the waveform to square and set the middle knob mostly to the compression side (to the left). You can blend in just enough of the square-wave modulated Lo-Fi sound to make it really eerie. For the spookiest sound, set the speed control to the tempo of your performance and the depth all the way up, adjusting the mix for just enough modulation.
- Volume: Overall output volume for the unit
- Tone: Can be used to lower the brightness of the Lo-Fi signal (the vibrato sound). Does not affect the compressed signal
- Comp/Lo-Fi: Adjusts anywhere between full compression and full vibrato mix. Blending the two (somewhere between the extremes) creates a chorusing sound
- Speed: Adjusts the speed of the Vibrato (only affects the Lo-Fi sound)
- Depth: Sets the depth of the Vibrato (only affects the Lo-Fi sound)
- Waveform: Sets the waveform of the Vibrato’s modulation. The traditional Lo-Fi Loop Junky simulation setting is triangle
Things You Will Get:
|Model Number||VEXTER INSTANT LO-FI|
|Power Requirements||9V DC power supply|
|Power Supply Included||No|