Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor
Or just $37 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
'2A Style Optical Compressor
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of the classic '2A optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way. Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if we couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio, has striven to give an unprecedented value to their customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything we do, and every product we offer.
The WA-2A is a high-voltage, Class-A opto-compressor, utilizing large-core CineMag USA Transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell - considered by many to be the world’s finest.
A Four Tube Operation
The WA-2A operates on four tubes: two 12AX7’s, one 12BH7, and one 6aq5 (or 6P1J). We proudly use Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix brand tubes in the signal path, which sound very 'open' and LARGE. All 4 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
- 2A style, transformer balanced, high-voltage, OPTO tube compressor
- Utilizes premium grade input and output Cinemag USA Transformers
- USA made kenetek opto-cell attenuator T4' style module. Socketed to allow retro-fitting with their opto-cells
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix Tubes 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12BH7, 1 x 6AQ5 OR 6P1.
- Fully discrete signal path
- Variable Pre-Emphasis, allows for compression hi-pass filtering (Tone Control)
- Stereo-link Capable via TRS connector
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, Bridges-T Control (Floating)
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 DB, 15 HZ TO 20KHZ.
- Gain 40 DB ±1DB.
- Input level +16 dB max
- Output level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB max, distortion less than 0.1% THD at ±10 DBM.
- Nosie = -74dB.
- Attack Time - 10 Milliseconds
- Release time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release - 0.5 TO 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter displays both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (Switchable), 50/60 HZ
Things You Will Get: