Warm Audio WA12-500 MKII Microphone/Instrument Preamp
Or just $20 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
Packed with Performance
The WA12-500 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier design with high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance – great for all types of recording applications. A high-quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive 'larger than life' sound, and the WA12-500 MKII is more than capable of delivering.
The WA12-500 MKII is based around a discrete op-amp, the X731, which is a reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731, considered by some to be the warmer predecessor to the modern 2520-style op-amp. The X731 can achieve vibrant, clean, and lifelike tones; but can also be driven into mild saturation at much higher gain levels. The effects can be subtle, but very pleasing to the ear. The WA12-500 MKII can also accept any discrete op-amp on the market that conforms to the +/-16v, 2520 pinout standard. Using CineMag USA transformers and an all discrete signal path ensured that the WA12 MKII would have the building blocks to compete with the best sounding preamps on the market. Warm Audio is very proud to offer such a robust/professional design in a small and affordable package.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output USA cinema transformers
- Fully discrete design with a robust 71dB of gain
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other "2520 FOOT-PRINT" op-amps for varying tone/flavor
- Tone Button- Switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both mic and Hi-Z inputs
- 2 Meg ohm true Hi-Z inputs on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag transformers and discrete op-amp. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4" jack
- Output attenuation control allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation
Things You Will Get:
|Model Number||WA12 500 MKII|
|Model||WA12 500 MKII|