Wampler Brad Paisley Signature Paisley Drive Overdrive Pedal
Everything was great until his tech at the time, Chad, mentioned to Brian that Paisley still was not quite settled on the overdrive sound he was getting from his live rig… could Wampler maybe look at making a pedal …?? Paisley's requirements were quite "simple"… it needs to be clean but get crunchy with some "beef" to it. It needs to have a fluid tone when soloing. It needs to add a little hair to the tone but then but then has to be able to give flat out ball busting gain, oh… but please do not wreck the tonality. It needs to have everything, in a pedal format, but do not make it sound like a pedal…!
Over a period of months, Brian made some circuits and sent them off, there were a couple of "tweaks" here and there to be made and then finally, when official "prototype #2" landed it went straight into the live rack and out on the H20 world tour.
The truly great thing about this pedal is that it's not only Telecaster style guitars that it works so well with, it brings the best out of your Strat or anything you may have loaded with humbuckers. You no longer need to have individual pedals for your guitars; the Paisley Drive will make each one sing.
The built in tonal controls, the presence and mid contour switches, will make this pedal the single most versatile and complete overdrive pedal you have ever owned. In fact, Wampler Pedals believes it might be the last one you ever buy…
" ...we actually recorded this (pedal) in the studio, you know, trying it out. I turned up a Trainwreck Amp that I've got and compared the sound of the distortion and it was very, very similar. And that's a very good test because any time a pedal can mimic a great overdriven amp then you're on to something..."
- Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- 2 switches – controlling presence (brightness) and midrange frequency contour
- Can be very transparent or have a warm midrange bump with no loss of bottom end
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top Jacks
- Cleans up exceptionally well with pick attack and volume control
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 9mA
- As used by Brad Paisley live and in the studio
- 2.5" x 4.5" x 1.5" in size (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
⚠️Warning: This Product can expose you to chemicals including Formaldehyde(Gas) and lead,which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Things You Will Get:
|Model Number||PAISLEY DRIVE|
|Power Requirements||9V DC power supply|
|Power Supply Included||No|