Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Heritage Edition Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
Or just $42 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 09/30/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin MkII starts with two Unison-enabled mic preamps and stellar next-generation A/D and D/A conversion derived from UA's flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16. Together with its included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins - which you can track through in real time with UAD-2 DUO Core processing - and access to LUNA Recording System, Apollo Twin MkII is born to make records.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, SSL, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin MkII features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world's most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA's world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin's gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record landmark albums by Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), Chris Stapleton (From A Room: Volume 1), Arcade Fire (Everything Now), Post Malone (Beerbongs & Bentleys), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music, and Electronic Musician - as well as the prestigious TEC Award for computer audio hardware five years running.
LUNA: Deep Apollo Integration for a Complete Realtime Workflow
LUNA Recording System transforms Apollo Twin MkII into the most inspiring, fully-integrated recording system on the planet. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring and a host of built-in features and extensions - from integrated Multitrack Tape and Neve Summing to all-new LUNA Instruments and more - LUNA gives desktop Apollo users the most natural, inspiring, and analog-sounding music production environment available.
Improved Monitoring and Built-In Talkback Mic
The Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original - with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Build a Networked Studio
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Twin MkII makes the perfect intelligent desktop controller for a full Apollo system.
Now with Vintage Amps
Apollo Twin MkII also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier.
A Sleek, Low-latency App
With Apollo Twin MkII's Console 2.0 application - a complete re-imagining of Apollo's original Console software - you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Included Apollo Heritage Edition Plug-Ins
Featuring 5 premium UAD titles - including complete plug-in Collections of the award-winning Teletronix and UA 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610 mic preamps, and more - Apollo Heritage Edition gives you a curated analog studio, right out of the box.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Includes access to LUNA Recording System for a fully-integrated, analog inspired Apollo workflow
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle
- Includes (5) Heritage Edition plug-ins
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- UA 1176 Collection
- Teletronix LA 2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- UA Pure Plate Reverb