Three generations in the making, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Generation Audio Interface is better equipped than ever before to bring top-notch processing and perfection to your home or studio. With new improvements like Air Mode and professional connective options, not to mention a bounty of the best software around, Focusrite‘s Scarlett 2i2 3rd Generation will bring that well-deserved fiery detail to your vocal or instrumental recording sessions.
Inside of the sleek red and black outer casing, the single microphone preamp in the Scarlett 2i2 has an improved gain and dynamic range from the previous model. Air Mode has been added to the preamp to simulate the sound of a classic transformer-based ISA range. This mode, along with the 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters, opens the top end and adds clarity and detail – perfect for recording vocals and acoustic instruments.
In addition to the two combination XLR microphone/instrument input jacks and the headphones input on the front, the rear panel provides clean, professional connections to studio monitors via two balanced 1/4″ line inputs. With these connective options, you can directly monitor your sound in stereo while recording, and record two mics or instruments simultaneously. There’s also a USB C-port in the back for direct connection to USB C-equipped computers.
All the Software You Need
The Scarlett 2i2 comes complete with a ton of compatible software. As part of your purchase, you’ll receive 2 DAWs, Avid Pro Tools and Focusrite 1st Creative Pack, Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, SoftTube Time and Tone Bundle, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, a 3-month Splice Sounds Subscription, and Focusrite Plug-in Collective. Between everything, you get hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, world-class effects, industry-leading music-making software, free downloads, discounts, and more. A free and easy guided installation process is also included.
- Great for vocal or instrumental recordings
- Mic preamp with improved gain and dynamic range
- 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters
- Air Mode opens top end and adds clarity and detail
- Front panel combo XLR mic/instrument inputs (2) and headphones jack
- Rear panel 1/4″ balanced studio monitor inputs and USB C-port
- Avid Pro Tools, Focusrite 1st Creative Pack, Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, SoftTube Time and Tone Bundle, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, 3-month Splice Sounds Subscription, and Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Also available in a studio pack with headphones, professional condenser microphone, and mic cable