The EarthQuaker Devices Pyramids Stereo Flanger Guitar Effects Pedal offers eight unique flanger modes within an ultra rugged stompbox. You can shape your tone even further with various parameter knobs including Delay time, LF frequency sweep, and Feedback level. The Pyramids even offers five user programmable presets slots for quick recall of your favorite creations. The pedals 24 bit/96 KHz sample rate ensures intense sonic clarity in any setting.
8 Out of This World Flangers:
The Pyramids offers nearly every different type of Flanger you can imagine
- Classic: Tried and true. If you’ve ever used a flanging pedal before, you’ll feel right at home with this one
- Through-Zero: Great for giving you a classic, tape-style flanging sound based on two signals being flanged at different speeds cancelling each other out, otherwise known as the “zero point”.
- Barber Pole Up: Infinite upward pitch of the flange sound
- Barber Pole Down: Infinite downward pitch of the flange sound
- Trigger Up: Similar to Barber Pole Up except it restarts after your pick attack or pressing the Tap/Trigger Switch.
- Trigger Down: Similar to Barber Pole Down except it restarts after your pick attack or pressing the Tap/Trigger Switch.
- Step: Flange sweeps up and down in stepped increments similar to a sequencer or synthesizer
- Random: Similar to step mode except the direction of the sweep is, well, random!
- Manual: Craft your effect by adjusting the delay time of the modulated signal. With the Pyramids dedicated input, this parameter can actually be controlled by standard Expression pedals.
- Rate: This knob takes on different responsibilities depending on which flanger mode you enter. In most of the presets it controls the speed of the low frequency oscillator.
- Width: This Width knob lets you set the frequency at where the LFO is active. It is basically a sweep control that lets you change the depth of your chosen flanger effect
- Mix: Essentially a Wet/Dry control, the Mix function lets you set the intensity of the modulated signal. Turn it Clockwise to sweeten the effect or move Counterclockwise for a more reserved sound.
- Feedback: This lets you introduce more or less of this classic effect
- Rate and Tap: This 3-way switch provides tons of flexibility. The center position(labeled normal)function as a standard tap tempo. You also have settings for Slow or Fast to adjust the sweep.
- Modify: The wild card knob as we like to call it, the Modify takes on different responsibilities depending on which preset you activate. In classic/Barber Pole Up/Barber Pole Down mode it functions as either a low pass(Counterclockwise)or hi pass(clockwise)filter. In the two Trigger modes Modify controls the point at which the retrigger kicks in. For Step/Random, this knob lets you adjust the character of the transition between steps. Finally, In through zero it lets you set the cancellation point within the LFO cycle.
- Activate Footswitch: This switch lets you set the Pyramids to either Momentary or Latching operation. It is a relay based True Bypass control.
- Tap/Trigger Footswitch: In most modes this is your standard Tap Tempo Switch. However, when you enter either of the Trigger modes, it literally triggers those flanger effects on/off.
- 24 Bit/96kHZ Stereo Flanger Pedal
- 8 flanger modes
- 5 User Presets for storing your favorite settings
- Manual knob to control delay time
- Rate knob to control speed of LFO
- Width knob to control frequency range of LFO sweep
- Mix knob for volume
- Activate footswitch to allow momentary or latching operation
- Feedback for regeneration control
- Rate and Tap switch to allow Slow, Normal, of Fast tap tempos
- Tap tempo button to control a variety of tap tempo settings depending on your mode
- Multi-Function Modify Control to change the parameters of whatever mode you’re using
- +/- Feedback