What can I say about the Data Corrupter other than… it’s awesome. You seriously have to try it for yourself to know how much fun this pedal truly is to play. It’s everything fun about playing guitar minus all the things that aren’t fun about playing guitar. Plug it in, turn some knobs, and shred away to a whole new universe of tone. It’s that kind of fun. I had the chance to play around on an early demo model. So, let’s check it out!
Data Corrupter: The Overview
EarthQuaker Devices Data Corrupter Modulated Monophonic PLL Harmonizer
- Modulated Monophonic PLL Harmonizer
- Wild, yet repeatable three-voice guitar synthesizer
- Crushing square wave fuzz tone
- Master Oscillator capable of harmonies up to three octaves above the input
- Subharmonic harmonies up to three octaves below the input
- Frequency Modulator produces smooth portamento pitch-bends (Glide mode) or retro sci-fi laser effects (Vibrato mode)
- Frequency Modulator may be applied to only the Master Oscillator or to both the Master Oscillator and the Subharmonic voices
- Voice Mixer blends Master Oscillator, Subharmonic, and Square Wave Fuzz voices
- Harmonically complex, expressive, and touch-responsive analog synth tone up to three octaves below (or above) the original
- True Bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 25mA
- Input impedance: 1M
- Output impedance: 1K
- Pedal Dims: 4.65″ x 5.65″ x 2.25″
- Each and every Data Corrupter is hand made in Akron, Ohio, USA.
The Data Corrupter is truly a unique pedal. If you’re a guitar player who is into sound design, video game music, film/tv music, then you will love this pedal. It is instantly inspiring as you slide your fingers around the guitar and realize that it’s very difficult to make this pedal sound bad. This is a perfect pedal for any guitarist who already has the essentials and just wants another pedal to take their tone over the top! It’s a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it.