Guitar playing is kind of a strange thing. It has an aspect of inverse proportionality in the form of proficiency versus frustration. The more you play, the better you get, the more you start chasing tone and getting irritated at having to settle when you can’t get your rig to sound like some guitar riff from the 60s. I’m talking about the tone chasers. Those among us that hear that beautiful guitar tone on our favorite record and think, “Man, if only I had that tone. I could write such a great track.” The rational side of our brains knows that the greatness of our music is settled in creativity and not altogether in sonic superficiality…but again…if only I had that tone. You know?
This, of course, is where BOSS comes in and tries to settle things for us. There are certain tubes that you’ll just never be able to find because John Mayer went on eBay and bought them all. There are certain amplifiers, mics, and mixing consoles that you’ll never find because they’re all rotting in landfills or in peoples’ basements who will never part with them. So, BOSS is going to ease that burden a bit by offering you an amp that you can tweak to your heart’s content and get the greatest version of that tone that you hear in your head.
- Tube Logic: Professional performance amplifier with authentic tone
- 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34: Four analog Class AB power amp circuits, selectable from the panel
- Custom 12-inch speaker with 80 watts of power and a portable combo design
- Clean and lead channels
- Dynamically responsive power control for cranked-up sound and response at reduced volumes
- Customize internal amp parameters, including tone stack type, EQ, sag, bias, effects, system settings, and much more with the Nextone Editor (Mac/Windows)
- Boost and Tone switches
- Built-in delay, tremolo, and reverb effects, plus loop for patching in external effects
- External speaker jacks: one 8 ohm; two 16 ohm
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel mic’d cab settings selectable from the Nextone Editor
- Support for direct recording and re-amping via USB