Samson CL8a Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 10/24/21.
In Stock: Ships Directly From Our Warehouse (Factory Sealed).
- Samson CL8A Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone w/ Mount, Boom Arm, and CableMsrp: $504.97 / Savings: $298.09$206.88
- Samson CL8a Condenser Microphone Complete Music Production PackageMsrp: $571.30 / Savings: $292.42$278.88
- Samson CL8a Condenser Microphone with sE Electonics Pop Filter and Mic StandMsrp: $530.97 / Savings: $217.09$313.88
- Samson CL8a Condenser Microphone Complete Music Recording PackageMsrp: $627.29 / Savings: $327.30$299.99
- Samson CL8a Condenser Microphone with Headphones, Mic Cable, Pop FilterMsrp: $379.97 / Savings: $110.97$269.00
The CL8a is a large diaphragm condenser mic designed for the studio environment. Inside the CL8a capsule is a dual 1.1" gold-sputtered, 4-micron thick diaphragm that delivers a beautifully lush, balanced sound. The dual-capsule design unlocks a range of selectable pickup patterns, delivering superior results in nearly every studio situation. The omnidirectional pattern picks up sound equally well in all directions. There is no off-axis coloration, which makes it perfect for capturing ensemble players or vocalists using a single mic. The cardioid pattern rejects sound from the rear and side flanks of the microphone, while providing excellent coverage directly in front of the microphone. The cardioid pattern is great for capturing an expressive solo vocalist, and for preserving the presence of instruments such as acoustic guitar, flute, or even upright bass. The Figure 8 offers excellent response both in front of and behind the microphone, with enhanced side-signal rejection. This is an excellent choice for recording multiple performers, especially in smaller groups and pairs. Placing the mic sideways directly over a snare, picks up the kit ambience while minimizing the snare in the side-field.
A selectable two-pole high-pass filter at 100 Hz removes any unwanted low frequency content like stage rumble or wind noise. The robust capsule and electronics are able to withstand tremendous sound pressure levels of up to 147dB allowing you to capture powerful low frequency content without distortion. The CL8a includes a 10dB attenuation pad, which is used to prevent overloading the onboard preamplifier by lowering the input sensitivity of the microphone preamplifier circuit. This is useful when close miking loud sound sources with very high transient sounds, such as drums, cymbals or brass instruments.
Inside the durable die-cast body, an internal shock-mount provides both protection for capsule, and isolation from vibration noise.The CL8a is a condenser microphone and therefore needs to be operated by connecting a phantom power supply. The CL8a can accommodate phantom power levels from 36 to 52 Volts.
- Dual 1.1" internally shock-mounted capsule with 4-micron thin gold-sputtered diaphragms
- Selectable cardioid, bidirectional and omnidirectional pickup patterns
- 20 Hz to 20k Hz frequency response
- Switchable high-pass filter, 12 dB per octave at 100 Hz
- Switchable 10 dB pad for handling extremely high SPL
- 36–52 Volt phantom power operation
- Solid die cast construction
Things You Will Get:
|Pop Filter Included||No|