Roland HPD20 HandSonic Digital Hand Percussion
Or just $42 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
The Roland HandSonic HPD-20 is a unique, versatile instrument that’s ideal for all kinds of styles of music and players. Whether you’re a percussionist, trap kit player, into electronic dance music, or are a producer; this thing is sure to make you more than happy. Equipped with the renowned SuperNATURAL sound engine and potent multi-effects, the HPD-20 offers 850 dynamic, ready-to-play sounds, plus the ability to import your own custom sounds via USB flash memory. The 13 pads provide a larger playing surface with more tonal options than ever before. With ultra-sensitive, response, and flexible control options for playing onboard sounds and external MIDI instruments; the Handsonic possesses a staggering range of playability that makes it easier for you the artist to express themselves. The HandSonic pad interface also excels in computer music applications, where it’s perfect for playing virtual instruments, recording MIDI and audio performances in DAW software, and much, much more. And with its convenient trigger inputs, you can easily expand the HPD-20 with a Roland pad and hi-hat controller to build a super-compact kit.
- Powerful hand percussion instrument for live performance and studio music production
- 850 ready-to-play sounds cover a wide range of musical styles and backgrounds
- Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL sound engine delivers unparalleled tone qualities with an expressiveness that needs to be played to believed
- Import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds via USB flash memory and assign them to pads
- Deep editing capabilities allow you to tweak and layer instruments and process tones with three independent multi-effects engines, ambience, and EQ
- 13 silicone rubber pads provide ultra-sensitive velocity response as well as an incredibly comfortable feel
- Dynamic pad assignments let you dampen, mute, and tune sounds for authentic performance of acoustic hand percussion like congas and tabla
- Roll button and Realtime Modify knob; D-BEAM for controlling sounds and effects with hand movements
- Easily capture performances and ideas with the Quick Rec function and export them as WAV audio files to USB flash memory
- Inputs for connecting a Roland pad and hi-hat controller (sold separately)
- USB Computer port for audio/MIDI communication with popular music software, including DAWs and standalone virtual instruments
The HPD-20 comes with 850 onboard sounds that are already ready to play. This gives you an enormous library of ethnic percussion instruments from around the world, as well as melodic and orchestra instruments. Traditional drum kit sounds are also on tap, plus a large selection of electronic tones that are ideal for current music. All the sounds offer an incredible range of dynamic expression, thanks to the powerful combination of Roland’s SuperNATURAL sound engine and the ultra-sensitive response and unique functionality of the HandSonic pad interface. The HPD-20 provides 200 total kits—you can also freely modify any kit to your liking so you can get that perfect sound for any situation. In addition to its built-in sounds, the HPD-20 gives you the ability to import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds and play them from the pads. Just load up a USB flash drive with your favorite sounds from your computer, then connect it to the HPD-20 to import them, assign them to pads, and create your own kits. The types of sounds you can use are not limited to short percussion strikes—with up to 12 minutes of time available, you’re able customize your HandSonic with audio phrases, sound effects, backing music, and more. Once your sounds are in the HPD-20, you’re free to use them just like the onboard sounds, with complete editing and effects capabilities at your disposal.
Deep Editing and Dynamic Multi-Effects
Inside the HPD-20 is a full set of powerful tools for creating all-new sounds. When building user kits, it’s possible to edit every instrument individually by modifying its volume, pitch, decay, and more. You can also layer two sounds together and assign parameters to blend or switch them dynamically based on your playing velocity. Three independent multi-effects engines—each equipped with 25 different effects—provide rich sound-shaping options, from standard chorus and echo to intense effects such as distortion, filter, and bit crush that are ideal for dance music and electronica. The Realtime Modify knob allows you to tweak pitch and effects as you perform for expressive sound shaping on the fly, and ambience effects and EQ can be applied to an entire kit for final sweetening.
Quick Rec and USB
With the handy Quick Rec function, capturing a performance or idea is just a button press away. Play along with the built-in metronome for steady time as you record, or go without to capture playing without being constrained by a set tempo. Saving your recordings to a connected USB flash drive is just as easy—just hit the Export function button, adjust level and other parameters as desired, and save! You can back up your HPD-20 user kits and other settings to USB memory as well. The HPD-20’s USB Computer port makes it a breeze to connect to a Mac or Windows computer and use the powerful HandSonic pad interface to play virtual instruments and record beats in audio/MIDI music production software.
Get your Roland HPD20 HandSonic Digital Hand Percussion from Sam Ash Direct today. With fast, free shipping at the guaranteed lowest price, the security of our many decades of experience, and the Sam Ash Direct 45/60 day return/price protection policy, you can’t possibly go wrong!