Patato Model Congas in Black Fiberglass (Assorted Sizes)
Or just $21 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
Carlos “Patato” Valdez: PART OF THE LP INNER CIRCLE
His remarkable career and groundbreaking multi-conga technique has had a powerful impact on countless drummers, percussionists, and music lovers. His contribution to Latin music includes a unique “melodic” approach to conga playing. Since 1970, Patato’s association with Latin Percussion has inspired many new product developments, worldwide tours, and recording projects.
The Patato Model Conga is just one example of the innovation brought on by this great musician and performer. Played by professional congueros the world over, these fiberglass drums were developed in 1978 after a recording session with the legendary “Patato” at the studio in Martin Cohen’s home. Patato’s own design required tall drums with a wide belly and small bottom.•
• 30" tall silhouette, projects deep bass tones and great volume without sacrificing crisp, high sounds
• Shaped identical to the Galaxy Fiberglass Congas, these drums are perfect for any style of music and are great for live playing
• Chrome LP Comfort Curve II Rims
• 5⁄16" diameter tuning lugs
• Reinforced LP Heart Side Plates
• LP fiberglass shells have a steel ring embedded at the bearing (top) edge of the drum shell for added strength and stability
• Hand selected, natural rawhide heads
• LP Procare Integrated Shell Protectors prevent the side plate hardware from marking or damaging adjacent drums
• Accessory pouch, tuning wrench, and LP Lug Lube included