Nektar SE25 MIDI Controller
25 Velocity-Sensitive Mini Keys
The keys are the most important feature for a MIDI controller keyboard: They transport you're playing and musical ideas into the computer. As the SE25 is designed to be ultimately mobile and fit in any backpack, there was simply no room to fit full-size keys. But still Nektar wanted it to be playable. So, they developed a velocity-sensitive mini-keybed for the SE25. Despite these keys' miniscule dimensions, you can play them expressively with a defined and firm feel. What's more, a choice of three different velocity curves allows you to adjust the keyboard response to your playing style. These keys are ready for action!
Double Up – Part Two
Simply press the dedicated "2" button to momentarily shift the octave, add an octave or harmony layer while you play – or switch to a different channel: The unique Part Two feature will enable you to play in ways not even possible on keyboards with many more keys! What's so special about this? Well, the moment you let go of the Part Two button, the SE25 reverts back to its original settings. So, you can toggle back-and-forth between two different keyboard configurations in real-time. A fun performance features!
Nektar DAW Integration
Give your trackpad or mouse a break and control DAW transport functions and track selection directly from the SE25: Simply press the Play and Rewind buttons simultaneously to enter transport mode and the custom NEKTAR DAW Integration software lets you control your DAW! Nektar DAW Integration for SE25 currently supports Bitwig, Cubase, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Mixcraft, Reason, Reaper, Sonar, and Studio One. (In order to take advantage of Nektar DAW Integration, you need to register your SE25 and download the integration files from your user account.)
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- 3 velocity curves (default, soft, hard)
- 6 buttons: Octave Up/Down, PB1/PB2, Sustain, Part 2
- PB1 and PB2 buttons (assignable to: Pitch Bend, Transpose, Vol, Pan, Track, or Patch change)
- Part Two button: Assignable to Octave, MIDI Channel, Transpose, Layer, and Latch (momentary)
- "S" button: Assignable to Sustain or Modulation
- Transport control via secondary button function
- Works with any DAW or MIDI music software on OS X, Windows, and Apple iOS.
- Connections: Micro USB port (USB-powered)
Things You Will Get:
|MIDI Controller Type||MIDI Keyboard Controller|
|Number of Keys||25 Keys|
|Sustain Pedal Input||No|
|Included Software||Bitwig 8 Track DAW|
|Mac OS Requirements||Mac OS X 10.7 or higher|
|PC Requirements||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher|