MOTU HDX-SDI — SDI/HDMI /Analog Video Interface with Thunderbolt Technology
Or just $50 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
Connect any video source to the HDX-SDI, from SD camcorders to today’s latest professional HD cameras, then log and capture HD or SD clips directly into your video editing software.
At A Glance:
- Massive bandwidth — 10 Gbps for data (12x FireWire 800) plus 10 Gbps for DisplayPort
- Daisy-chaining — connect up to six high-speed, high-bandwidth devices
- Bidirectional performance — massive input and output for your computer
- Bus power — 10 watts of bus power to drive connected peripherals
- Flexible connectivity — electrical or optical Thunderbolt cables with lengths up to 30 meter
For the best-possible image quality, capture uncompressed video via HD-SDI or HDMI with 4:2:2 10-bit color depth and full-raster 1920x1080 HD resolution. Many cameras feed their uncompressed SDI, HDMI or component output directly from the camera’s optics and imager, before compression, for absolutely pristine picture quality during capture with the HDX-SDI.
Putting the Audio back in AV
Capture and monitor up to 16 channels of audio (analog, AES/EBU or embedded) at sample rates up to 96 kHz. Employ Sony 9-pin machine control for advanced Batch Capture and Edit to Tape operations. Keep everything frame-accurate using time code and video reference.
- Provides HD and SD capture and playback for any Thunderbolt-equipped computer
- Daisy-chain the HDX-SDI with high-speed, high-capacity storage, plus other Thunderbolt devices such as high-resolution Thunderbolt displays
- Supports all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF).
- Supports Avid Media Composer (Mac/Windows), Apple Final Cut Pro X and 7 (Mac), and Adobe Premiere Pro (Windows)
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD — 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution
- Capture and monitor full-raster (1920x1080 or 1280x720) Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, DNxHD or other popular host-based codecs supported by Final Cut, Media Composer and Premiere Pro
- Lets you capture, edit and monitor in any codec supported natively in Final Cut, Media Composer, or Premiere, with no transcoding needed.
- Broadcast quality — 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path throughout
- ASC CDL color grading — provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- HDMI capture and monitoring — provides both HDMI in and out
- Sync and machine control — advanced sync features include time code, large front panel time code display, video ref input and 9-pin machine control
- Comprehensive audio — capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz
- Single rack space form factor — professional rack-mount operation, or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use.
- International operation — auto-switching internal power supply with powersave mode
Things You Will Get: