MOTU 8D AES3 S/PDIF USB Audio Interface
Or just $25 per month*0% Interest for 24 Months**
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21.
24-equal monthly payments required.Read more
0% Interest for 24 Months
On select purchases $299 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 12/31/21. 24-equal monthly payments required.
Housed in a compact, aluminum alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the 8D is equally well-suited for studio, stage or industrial applications, with or without a computer. As an interface, router, converter or stand-alone mixer, the 8D provides eight separate digital audio input and output channels, 32 channels of audio networking, 64 channels of USB audio I/O and stereo headphone output for a total of 210 simultaneous I/O channels.
Connect your digital audio gear and then record, monitor, route, process and convert all of these live inputs using built-in sample rate conversion and the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs and busses, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the 8D from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable and control everything from your smartphone and tablet — or both at the same time.
- Eight channels of digital audio I/O and conversion with SRC — Four channels of professional AES3 (AES/EBU) digital I/O, plus four channels of standard S/PDIF digital audio I/O, with sample rate conversion on all inputs.
- Flexible router, converter and splitter — Send any input to any output, or split to multiple output channels. Convert any format to any other (AES3, S/PDIF, AVB-TSN and USB). Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB-TSN network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control — Connect a standard Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, routing/splitting, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 stereo groups, access to 32 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression.
- Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers — Universal connectivity over high-speed USB 2.0 (3.0 and iOS compatible) and AVB. Renowned drivers deliver industry-leading low latency and rock solid performance.
- Universal control from any device — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Through AVB Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O — or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers.
- Control everything from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the audio network.
- From studio to stage, the 8D delivers state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.