Millennia Media HV3C Stereo Microphone Preamp
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 06/19/21.
Combining a precisely matched octet of discrete bipolar transistors with a laser trimmed DC coupled FET-based output driver stage, the Millennia HV-3C (tm) is an entirely "double balanced," extremely wide dynamic range stereo microphone preamplifier intended for demanding acoustic recording. Unlike "textbook" mic preamplifiers, the HV-3C signal path never unbalances or rebalances the original signal — thus maintaining a high degree of signal integrity. Over 20,000 channels of HV-3 micamps are already in use by a who's-who in critical acoustic recording.
Unlike preamps using vacuum tubes, IC function modules and audio transformers (all of which can lend their own audio coloration) the Millennia HV-3C is precisely optimized towards capturing the subtlest detail of music and ambience. With +23 dBu native input headroom, the HV-3C requires no input pads, attenuators, or switch points as found on common textbook preamp designs - thus avoiding yet another source of sonic degradation. Moreover, with its +32 dBu output headroom, ultra-high dynamic stability and linearity is assured. NOTE: The HV-3C is a recently-updated version of the HV-3B two channel mic preamp, with improved mechanical design and cosmetics, and standard 36 step gain control. HV-3C uses the identical preamps as found in the HV-3D 8-ch units.
HV-3C signal path from input through output is entirely balanced with a minimum amplifier topology. Uncompromising circuit design with meticulous selection and hand-matching of critical components assures consistently transparent audio performance at all dynamic excursions and frequency extensions.
Features and Specifications:
• HIGH SPEED TRANSFORMERLESS DESIGN
• 23 dB INPUT & 32 dB OUTPUT HEADROOM
• NO PADS (ATTENUATORS) REQUIRED
• ENTIRELY BALANCED AUDIO PATH
• LASER TRIMMED FET-BASED OUTPUT
• THD+N LESS THAN 5 PPM (.0005%)
• MATCHED DISCRETE TRANSISTOR OCTET FRONT-END
• OPTIONAL BRÜEL & KJÆR (DPA) +130V MIC INPUTS
• OPTIONAL "DC INPUTS" — IDEAL FOR RIBBON MICS
• PRECISION COMPONENTRY THROUGHOUT
• GOLD AUDIO CONNECTORS & SWITCHES
• STANDARD 36-STEP GAIN CONTROL (1.5 dB PER STEP)
• STEREO GAIN MATCHED TO .08 dB
• OFC AUDIO WIRING, SILVER TEFLON POWER WIRING
• ULTRA-CLEAN TOROID POWER SUPPLY
• WELDED 16 GAUGE STEEL RACK CHASSIS
• UNSURPASSED AMBIENCE RETRIEVAL
• EFFORTLESS, LIFELIKE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE
• AT ALL DYNAMIC LEVELS
Things You Will Get:
|Model||HV3C Stereo Microphone Preamp|