IK Multimedia Z-Tone DI Active DI/Preamp
Tone and Feel like You've Never Heard
Guitar pickups can dramatically change their character depending on the impedance of your preamp. That's why the tone and responsiveness of your guitar can change when plugging into different gear. Z-Tone DI puts you in control, with the same variable impedance control as our award-winning AXE I/O audio interface. Dial in impedance from 1 MOhm to 2.2 kOhms to shape your sound In unique ways. At the maximum impedance, you’ll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Increase the load and the sound becomes thicker and more bold. You'll quickly find yourself using this to give your guitars even more sonic character, dialing in sound that fits beautifully into the mix without the need for EQ.
Comprehensive Routing Options
Z-TONE DI offers a range of useful output options. First, the balanced XLR output offers a switchable ground lift, to eliminate noise and hum caused by ground loops. An unbalanced ¼" output offers additional flexibility. Z-Tone DI also offers a Hi-Z Link out, which mirrors the input signal to connect to pedals and amps. This lets you easily record DI tracks alongside your real amp’s tone in the studio, or blend direct & amp sounds live on stage for even more sonic flexibility.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones
- 20 dB pad for extended operating range
- Balanced & unbalanced outputs
- Link out splits signal to amps & pedals
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Rugged, stage-ready metal housing
Things You Will Get: