Purcell-Henry Purcell: 12 Selected Songs
Realizations by Benjamin Britten High Voice. Composed by Henry Purcell (1659-1695). Edited by Benjamin Britten. Boosey & Hawkes Voice. Classical, English. Softcover Audio Online. 48 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051934164.
Songs by the great English Baroque composer Henry Purcell, realized by Britten, most suitable for student singers have been selected for this collection.
- Fairest Isle
- Hark the ech'ing air
- How blest are shepherds
- I attempt from love's sickness to fly
- ll sail upon the Dog-star
- If music be the food of love (1st version)
- Man is for the woman made
- Music for a while
- On the brow of Richmond Hill
- There's not a swain of the plain
- Turn then thine eyes
- We sing to him. Piano accompaniments available online for download or streaming.