Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sam Ash obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- Mailing and e-mailing lists we purchase or rent from third parties.
Use Of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- When you provide information to enter a contest, we may share that information with the contest sponsor or the provider of the contest prize for marketing purposes and prize fulfillment.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sam Ash's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sam Ash about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Sam Ash will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Sam Ash may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third party affiliate networks, and advertising networks including Rakuten Marketing, Steelhouse, and Google, which may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes.
- Affiliated Sam Ash companies including Sam Ash Music Corporation, Sam Ash Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash California Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash CT, LLC, Sam Ash Florida Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash Illinois Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash Nevada Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash New Jersey Megastores, LLC, Sam Ash New York Megastores, LLC, and Sam Ash Music Marketing, LLC (collectively, “Sam Ash Companies”).
- Data aggregators.
- If you enter a contest on our site, we also may share the personal information in your contest entry with sponsors and prize providers of the contest.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers. Cybersource, Bank of America, Givex, PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Synchrony Bank for Credit, Payment, and Gift Card Processing; Salesforce for e-mail management and product recommendations; Attentive for managing text messaging; PowerReviews for managing Product Reviews; BirdEye for managing company reviews; Federal Express and the US Postal Service for managing package delivery; Gleam.io for managing Contest Entries.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories: Cybersource, Bank of America, Givex, PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Synchrony Bank for Credit, Payment, and Gift Card Processing; Salesforce for e-mail management and product recommendations; Attentive for managing text messaging; PowerReviews for managing Product Reviews; BirdEye for managing company reviews; LSC Communications for managing catalog mailing; Fort Nassau Graphics for postcard and gift card mailings; and Mellissa Data for mailing list correction; Federal Express and the US Postal Service for managing package delivery; Gleam.io for managing Contest Entries
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. N/A
Category D: Commercial information. Cybersource in connection with Credit Card Processing; Synchrony Bank, only if you applied to finance a product with the Sam Ash Credit Card; Progressive Leasing, only if you applied to lease a product with Progressive Leasing; Steelhouse, in connection with our advertising of products and services in which you have expressed interest; Salesforce for e-mail management and product recommendations.
Category E: Biometric information. N/A
Category F: The following companies may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes: Rakuten Marketing for affiliate marketing; Google and other Search Engines for search marketing; Steelhouse and Google Display Network for retargeting ads you see for us on other sites. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service providers, please click here. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
Category G: Geolocation data. Synchrony Bank in connection with application for the Sam Ash Credit Card.
Category H: Sensory data. N/A
Category I: Professional or employment-related information. N/A
Category J: Non-public education information. N/A
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information. Facebook, to help us identify potential new customers.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Sam Ash Companies
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company did not sell personal information.
Your Rights And Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Sam Ash disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Sam Ash delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Sign In to your account on this samash.com and click on “Privacy Request Form” in the left-hand menu. Complete the request form and click “Submit”. If you have any difficulty with the “Privacy Request Form” please call us at 1-800-472-6274 for assistance.
- Calling us at 1-800-472-6274.
- E-mailing email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt.
The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically a comma delimited file.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not sell the personal information of consumers so there is no need to Opt-Out.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Sam Ash Quikship Corp., 278 Duffy Avenue, Hicksville, NY 11801 Attn. Legal Department
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Sam Ash reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Attn: Legal Department
PO Box 9047, Hicksville, NY 11802-9047