Golden Age Project PRE-73 Premier Microphpone Preamp
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 06/24/21.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 Premier is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path.
- Maximum gain in mic mode is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Gain switch range is 20 - 80 dB. Line mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in-line mode
- Selectable two positions high-frequency air eq boost mode, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHz
- Selectable 6 dB/octave high pass filter at around 80 Hz (HP1) or 200 Hz (HP2)
- 14 dB output pad allowing the user to overdrive the output stage and transformer
- Switchable impedance in mic mode, 1200 or 300 Ohm, will change the tone of most mics. The input impedance in line mode is 10 kOhm.
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections
- Insert jack for inserting EQ and other units
- Selectable 600 Ohm output termination
- Classic style knobs and buttons
- Prepared for mounting one or two units in the UNITE PREMIER rack kit. It can also be mounted in one of the other UNITE rack kits and combined --with the red and black Golden Age Project products
- Connector-free internal wiring, all connections except the ones to the gain switch --are soldered for the purest signal and most long-term stable signal path
- UK made Carnhill input and line output transformers
- Polystyrene capacitors in the amplifier circuits
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Sturdy toggle switches with gold plated contacts
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Things You Will Get: