Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKIII 1073 Style Mic Preamp
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 06/22/21.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 MKIII is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres.
The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics. No intergrated circuits in the signal path.
- Maximum gain in MIC mode is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources.
- GAIN switch range 20 - 80 dB. GAIN/LINE mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in LINE mode.
- Selectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHz.
- Selectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filter at around 40 (HP1) and 170 Hz (HP2).
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path.
- Switchable impedance in MIC mode, 1200 or 300 Ohms, will change the tone of most mics. The input impedance in LINE mode is 10 kohm.
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase.
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass.
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter.
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
- Insert jack for inserting EQ´s and other units.
- Carnhill input transformers.
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.