Chandler Limited TG2-500 Microphone Preamp
0% Interest for 6 Months**
On Purchases of $199 or more with your Sam Ash credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 6 months. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.Read more
0% Interest for 6 Months
On select purchases $199 or more with your Sam Ash card now thru 09/27/21.
The TG2-500 microphone pre-amplifier features the same discrete, transformer-balanced amplifiers as Chandler Limited’s TG series: TG2 Pre Amp/DI, TG Channel MKII, and TG1 Limiter.
Chandler has taken the microphone pre-amplifier and line amplifier from their highly acclaimed TG2 Pre Amp/DI and packaged it for the industry standard 500 Series format, while retaining the sound of Chandler Limited’s TG2 Pre Amp/DI. The aural quality has often been characterized as a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top-end. The sound, as explained by many users, has “warmth” and punch, but with a “beautiful” expanded top end. In fact, the TG2-500 microphone preamplifier does have a small rise in its top-end frequency response and some warmth inducing distortion, which contributes to its sound.
Bring the sound of the Chandler Limited TG2-500 pre amp and EMI/Abbey Road Studios home to your 500 Series rack today.
- Channels: Mono
- Circuit: Discrete, Transistor, Transformer Balanced I/O
- Total Gain: +60db
- Coarse Gain: +20db to +50db (stepped 5db)
- Fine Gain: -10db to +10db (continuous)
- Input: Mic/Line switchable
- Input Impedance: 1200/300 Ohm switchable
- Phantom Power: +48v switchable
- Phase: switchable
- I/O: 500 Series format (frame dependent)
- 500 Series format: +/-16v
- Max. current draw: +16v @ 110ma / -16v @ 80ma