IMPORTANT: Authorization requires an iLok USB smart key and the ability to access ilok.com from a computer. If you do not already own an iLok USB smart key, please search for DMSILOKXX or add it to your cart.
Developed in association with Automated Processes Incorporated, the API Collection features four precision processors based on renowned API modules: the 550A 3-Band Equalizer, the 550B 4-Band Equalizer, the 560 Graphic Equalizer, and the 2500 Stereo Compressor. Used by engineers worldwide on countless hit records, these modules deliver a sound like no other. And with the API Collection, Waves captures every nuance of their unique sonic signatures.
Plug in details:
550A 3-band Equalizer
Modeled on API’s late 1960’s legend, the API 550A EQ delivers a sound that has been a hallmark of high end studios for decades. It provides reciprocal equalization at 15 points in 5 steps of boost divided into three overlapping ranges. The high and low frequency ranges are individually selectable as either peaking or shelving, and a band-pass filter can be inserted independently of all other settings. The 550A is a uniquely powerful equalizer with that one-of-a-kind API sound.
• 5 selected frequency centers per band • Reciprocal and repeatable filtering • Maximum 12 dB of boost/cut per band in 2-3 dB steps • "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes • High headroom +30 dB clip level
560 10-band Graphic Equalizer
Based on API’s 1967 classic, the 560 10-Band Graphic Equalizer features precision filtering and massive headroom, so you can take your sound to the edge and beyond. The 560’s curve shaping potential is unmatched, while API's unique "Proportional Q" design intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at lower boost/cut levels and narrows it at higher settings. And since boost and cut characteristics are identical, previous actions can be easily undone. For precision equalization with unmatched versatility, turn to the EQ heard on top recordings for decades: the API 560.
• Familiar one octave centers • 12 dB of boost/cut per band • "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes • Additional resolution in the critical ±4 dB region • Clip level > +28 dBu
550B 4-band Equalizer
Featuring four overlapped EQ bands, the 550B gives tracks that sweet analog sound that API is renowned for. With 7 switchable filter frequencies spanning up to 5 octaves per band, the 550B’s “Proportional Q” automatically widens the filter bandwidth at minimal settings and narrows it at higher settings. It even lets you undo previous processing, affect or even reverse tonal modifications. With its vast range of tonal possibilities, the API 550B is a versatile EQ for all your processing needs.
• 7 selected frequency centers per band • Reciprocal and repeatable filtering • 12 dB of boost/cut per band • Bands 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching • High headroom +30 dB clip level
2500 Stereo Compressor
The API 2500 is a dynamics processing powerhouse that lets you deliver the punch with absolute accuracy. Its dual channel design lets the 2500 also function as two separate mono channels via a single compression setting. Using auto-makeup gain, you can adjust Threshold or Ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level. With both "feed back" and "feed forward" compression types, the 2500 boasts a wide range of incredibly musical parameters which have made it a favorite of engineers the world over.
• 3-position Thrust high-pass filter • Variable Link left and right channels • 3 Variable Link filter types • 3 compression modes: Soft, Medium and Hard Knee • 6 Release settings ? 5 fixed, 1 continuous
• Mac OSX or Windows XP
• Supports Windows, Mac PowerPC, and Mac Intel
• VST, RTAS, AU, or DirectX host application
Note: An iLok is needed for product authorization.
Things You Will Get:
- Installation CD
- Install Guide