Serious analog sound for MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, and more
A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Intel-based Mac into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate package features a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS) PLUS the UA Ultimate Bundle: 55+ that features UA Developed Powered Plug-Ins, up to and including software v6.3. giving you massive analog character, right out of the box!
This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower “boost” for your MacBook Pro, iMac or Mac mini — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing. The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire port.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate features four individual Analog Device SHARC processors and the “Analog Classics” bundle that includes: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins, PLUS the UA Ultimate Bundle: 55+ UA Developed Powered Plug-Ins, up to and including software v6.3!
• Run UAD powered plug-ins on Intel-based MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini via FireWire 800/400 connection
• Access nearly 60 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
• Includes portable DSP Accelerator unit (FireWire format) plus Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
• QUAD model w/4 SHARC processors
• Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
• Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on any Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire 800/400 port
• All packages include “Analog Classics” bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
• Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
• VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion compatible
• Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
• Desktop dimensions: 6” wide x 8” long x 1” high (weight: 2 lbs)
• 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
• Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
• 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
• 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
• UAD-2 Satellite Minimum System Requirements
• Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
• Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
• 1 GB available hard drive space
• 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
• Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
• Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
• Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software