- Hot Deals
- Live Sound
- Microphones & Wireless
- DJ & Lighting
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Buy Extended Service Plan ( What This? )
TAMA Starphonic Black Nickel Plated Steel Snare Drum with Freedom Lugs and DieCast Hoops.
A very special snare drum now available from Tama is the Tama Starphonic 6”x14” Steel Shell Snare Drum! This beautiful drum is winning praise for its great sound even more than for its good looks and unique features. The black nickel plated center-beaded steel shell gives it a classic “black beauty” style that will look fantastic behind any drum set. This latest addition to the fantastic Starphonic line of professional snare drums from Tama shares these unique features:
• A patented “Grooved Hoop” design was created for the Starphonics. These are 1.6mm die cast hoops without lug holes. They are mounted and tightened with claw hooks that screw into the Tama “Freedom Lug” which allows the tension screws to be loosened without having to unscrew them from the lugs. When loosened slightly, the claw hooks tilt back and away from the grooved hoops which allows for very quick and efficient replacement of the drumheads.
• The black nickel plated steel shell is beaded around the center of its depth like several classic metal shell drums, has seamed, rollover bearing edges and a gradual bed along its bottom edge that allows for better snare contact.
• The Starphonic series features a “linear drive” snare strainer, designed to provide greater control of the snare lever adjustment and motion. You will not hear the slap of the snares hitting the bottom drumhead when you engage the snare lever. Also incorporated is a ratchet style tension adjustment which allows you to achieve and hold ultra-sensitive snare tensioning.
• A detachable snare butt plate allows you to change the bottom head without changing the tension of the snares and quickens snare head changes. Tama mounts its Super Sensitive High Carbon Snappy Snares onto the Starphonic snare drums that provide great sensitivity and a brighter, crisper sound than conventional snare wires.
• Evans drumheads come mounted on this snare drum, the versatile Genera G1 Coated head on the batter side.
In a review of the Tama Starphonic 6”x14” Steel Shell Snare Drum by David E. Libman that appeared in the May 2011 issue of DRUM! Magazine, he said “This snare allowed me to play a lot of finesse at a low volume and it never choked as I played louder. In fact this drum seemed to open up as I played with more intensity.” He ended his review by recommending the Tama Limited Edition Steel Starphonic “if you are looking for a great all-around snare that can be played at any dynamic and sound good for most styles of music.”
You can’t praise a snare drum much more than that but may we add that the Tama Limited Edition Starphonic 6”x14” Steel Snare is priced modestly for a pro model snare drum, looks gorgeous and is a snare drum that you will likely have and use forever.
Get your Tama Starphonic 6”x14” Steel Snare Drum from Sam Ash Direct today, with fast, free shipping at the guaranteed lowest price. Sam Ash Direct gives you the security of more than 86 years of experience, 24/7 customer support and the Sam Ash Direct 45 day return and 60 day price protection policy. You can not go wrong!
|Other Features||DieCast Hoops, Freedom Lugs|
|Model||PST146 Starphonic 6"x14" Ltd Edition Steel Snare|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Tama Starphonic 6"x14" Steel Snare Drum:
Great snare. Works amazingly in any situation whether it is live or studio. Very versatile when it comes to tuning options. The freedom lugs make changing heads easier. Doesn't choke at high intensity playing. Hands down this is an amazing snare!!!
Starphonic 6"x14" Steel Snare Drum
Five Years on Drum Shell One Year on Drum Hardware and Drum Finishes 30 Days on Bass Drum Hoops