The MAQ-2NV is a stereo mastering equalizer based on the much-respected EQ-2NV. This two-rack-space digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to vintage 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements.
Newly designed Class-A discrete single-ended amplifiers and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The MAQ-2NV also has a discrete high-current Class-A balanced output stage.
Built to satisfy personal requests from mastering engineers who have heard the EQ-2NV, it features extended high and low frequency ranges, EQ gain switches, linkable channel control, and very low frequency high pass filters. Each channel’s four EQ band gain switches range in 1/2dB steps from 0 to +/-3dB, and 1dB steps from +/-3 to +/- 8dB, and each band has separate pushbutton bypass switches. There are Left and Right channel bypass switches, the channel high pass filter frequencies are 15, 20, 25, 32, 40, and 50Hz, and the Link switch sets both channels from the left channel controls for identical EQ curves.
As in the EQ-2NV, the front panel input selector / sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the MAQ-2NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8dbm to -20dbm), or the patched signal from an NV preamp or other device.
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out
- ¼"-10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- TRS ¼” insert patch point
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8dbm to -20dbm
- Selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with +/-8db boost/cut
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency high pass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply
- Externally selectable for 110/220v; 50/60Hz)
- Two rack space with internal power supply
- Precision gain switches offer complete reset capabilities
- Link switch allows identical parameters for each channel
- Balanced +4dBU & -10dBV Unbalanced I/O
- Effortless sound shaping and frequency manipulation
- Flexible band use; 1,2,3, or 4 bands can be used simultaneously
- Simple pushbutton selection between Q positions and peak/shelf
MAQ-2NV Stereo Mastering Equalizer
3 Year warranty with registration