The already great value of the Epiphone SG Special Electric Guitar just got even better with our additional guitar accessory value bundle.
The Epiphone SG Special is an incredible way to get real SG tone and styling without breaking the bank. In 1961, the original Les Paul shape was redesigned into a light, double-cutaway design. That new design soon became known as the "SG" which is now--along with the original--Les Paul, the iconic rock guitar. Epiphone's G-400 and G-310 SG models have been best sellers in the guitar market for over 15 years featuring the carved SG-body shape and SG sound at a "workingman's" price. Now comes the SG Special, the most affordable SG on the market today with all the features that you’ve come to expect from Epiphone!
The Epiphone SG Special, with its devilish double-cutaway design is the ultimate design for chording and solos giving players access to all 22 frets. A bolt-on Hard maple neck with a classic SlimTaper “D” profile provides rigidity and durability and the 24.75” scale rosewood fingerboard make it easy (and fast!) on your fingers.
In the early ‘60s, SG's switched from P-90s to humbuckers, a sound heard round the world in hits by AC/DC, The Beatles, The Jam, Frank Zappa, and The Who. The SG Special features a pair of hot, open-coil, noise-free humbucker pickups voiced specifically for the bridge position (700T) and neck position (650R) to give you authentic rock tone with just the right amount of grit and growl.
Even though the Epiphone SG-Special is the most affordable SG in the line-up, it still features Epiphone's patented LockTone Tune-o-Matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece for increased sustain and easy string changing. The master volume and master tone controls each feature full-size 500K potentiometers along with Epiphone's rugged all-metal 3-way toggle pickup selector switch for long-lasting, dependable performance. The SG Special features solid nickel hardware. To top is all off, Epiphone has added our patented combination Tone/Killpot control. Turn it, and it works like a regular tone control. Push it in, and you have a momentary "Kill" switch which mutes all output for crazy Buckethead-like effects. Case not included.Guitar Accessory Value BundleFor over 85 years, it has been our utmost priority to provide our customers with the guaranteed lowest prices at the best value possible. This additional guitar accessory value bundle, exclusive to Sam Ash, offers incredible value by saving you $60 on all the accessories you will need as a novice guitar student. This accessory bundle includes:
- a Sam Ash 6 Stave, 64 Page Manuscript Paper which includes a 26 week practice record with a weekly lesson planner.
- an On-Stage Compact Sheet Music Stand with Bag is incredibly portable thanks to its fold up design and is super lightweight making this the perfect stand to bring to and from lessons.
- a Samson CM-40 Chromatic Tuner/Metronome for precise tuning and metronome capabilities all in one compact, easy-to-use design.
- a pair of Samson HP10 Playback Headphones allow for silent practicing and blocks out any outside noise, even when listening at low volumes
- a Dunlop 5400 Polishing Cloth ideal for applying lemon oil, polish and string cleaner.
- an Onstage Classic Guitar Stand, exclusively found at Sam Ash, features black Velveteen rubber, extra thick tubing and sheet metal leg housing for the ultimate support. The removable lower stepped yoke and the anti-rotation safety strap on the upper yoke make this stand perfect for any guitar.
Order your Epiphone SG Special Electric Guitar Bundle from Sam Ash Direct today with the security of our 45/60 day return/price protection policy, and be sure to take advantage of our fast, free shipping.
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Hard maple
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper “D”
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on w/tapered heel, 4-bolt recessed
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with “dot” inlays
- Nut width: 1.68"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Neck Pickup: 650R humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: 700T humbucker
- Pickguard: 2-layer, black/white
- Controls: 1-master volume, 1 master-tone with KillPot
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Hardware: Nickel
- Tuners: Premium 14:1
- Case: Not included
Things You Will Get:
Electric GuitarManuscript NotebookSheet Music StandTuner/MetronomeHeadphonesPolishing ClothGuitar Stand
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts and labor for the lifetime of the product. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.