- Hot Deals
- Live Sound
- Microphones & Wireless
- DJ & Lighting
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Buy Extended Service Plan ( What This? )
From Roland, the new ultra-compact, low-priced but full-featured V-Drums electronic drum set is called the V-Drums Lite, a Multi-Purpose V-Drums for Home Entertainment. Get it from Sam Ash Direct for the lowest price with fast, Free Shipping!
Roland’s V-Drums are world famous for their incredible sound and expressive performance. Today, the V-Drums family gets an exciting new addition with the HD-3 V-Drums Lite, a new-generation electronic drum set that expands the definition of drumming. This compact kit is powerful and expressive enough for pros yet fun and friendly enough for beginners, gamers, and home-entertainment enthusiasts. You don’t need to be a drummer to enjoy this fun, cool instrument for every home.
Its footprint is small, but the HD-3 V-Drums Lite sounds and performs impressively large. Based on Roland’s legendary V-Drums, this little kit is a dream for beginners, casual players, gamers, as well as for parents, since the volume level can be completely controlled via volume knob and/or headphones.
When you’re playing privately through headphones, the HD-3 V-Drums Lite is very quiet so that you can play without disturbing others at all! And the HD-3 is the only electronic drum set (besides its earlier version, the HD-1) that is built to fit into a corner when that’s the only space you have. This makes it a very easy set for bed rooms, dorm rooms and any place where space is tight.
The Fun Features:
• Fun, compact V-Drums for all levels of drummers, gamers, and home-entertainment enthusiasts.
• 20 preset kits with dedicated select buttons and informative backlit LCD.
• Beater-less kick with improved playing feel and low acoustic noise.
• New cloth-head toms with improved playing feel and design.
• Dual-trigger pads for snare and crash/ride to improve playability.
• Metronome with selectable sounds and adjustable tempo.
• Newly Improved Pads - Play the comfortable new cloth-head pads that feel and respond like acoustic toms. The beater-less kick pad has also been enhanced for comfort and improved playing response.
• Play-Along Fun - The HD-3 is equipped with a mix input jack for connecting CD-players, MP3 players, and other audio sources. Jam along with your favorite songs, and control the blend of music and your live drumming through headphones or an amplifier such as the optional ROLAND PM-03 Personal Drum Monitor.
• Family Centerpiece - The HD-3 is a great way to enhance musical expression and enjoyment in your home. Used along with other popular instruments such as Roland’s digital pianos, the HD-3 will serve as the nucleus for family fun and musical enrichment.
New from ROLAND for its entire line of V-Drums is the DT-1 V-Drums Tutor. Connect your Roland V-Drums* to your computer (Mac/Windows) and prepare for a learning experience like no other! Check it out under "Things You Will Need"!
The Roland PM-03 Personal Drum Monitor is a perfect match of an amplifier for the V-Drums Lite set and is a recommended option to go with your HD-3 set. It’s features are:
• Compact, Stylish Monitor with 2.1-Channel Speaker.
• Full-range 2.1-channel sound.
• Dual output jacks: stereo mini and phones.
• Auto-standby function to reduce energy consumption.
• Fits comfortably under you while you’re playing and is aimed up at your ears.
• Small Price, Big Performance.
ROLAND makes a range of excellent electronic drum monitors and amplifiers. For more volume in a wedge-style floor monitor, check out the PM-10 or for a powerful stage amp for performance, the PM-30 is the one to see. You might need a drum throne, too. Please check out our list, to the right, of “Things You Will Need” for these and other recommended add-on.
Get your ROLAND HD-3 V-Drums Lite from Sam Ash Direct today, with fast, free shipping at the guaranteed lowest price. Sam Ash Direct gives you the security of more than 87 years of experience, 24/7 customer support and the Sam Ash Direct 45/60 day return / price protection policy. You cannot go wrong!
|Model||HD-3 V-Drums Lite|
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Roland HD-3 V-Drums Lite Electronic Drum Set:
I was real worried about buying this set at first. My original thought was that it was an over-priced rockband game accessory. I wasn't able to sit down and try them out because I couldn't find a music store around here that had them in stock (even the big box one's). I had thought that maybe they didn't stock them because they were a piece of junk or something. I couldn't really find any reviews of substance online either. (that is part of why I am writing this review because I normally don't do this sort of thing.) Right Upon opening the box and pulling it out I could tell instantly that this was very well put together, and couldn't be happier on the build quality. Roland has lived up to their name and then some with this kit. Very quiet, very responsive, and the module sounds are quite good. I am not a beginner player either so my expectations were very high and they have been met. I was worried because the only one I liked before this one was the very expensive td-30. I think they don't like to stock this one cause it would out sell the other ones hands down. Sure you can't customize much with the module, but use the midi plug to either plug into a computer or another kind of module and the sky is the limit. Love the feel of the cloth heads on the toms and of course the legendary mesh snare head. Cymbals are great too. I thought I would have trouble with the beater less kick but got used to it quick and love how quiet it is. So to wrap this up, best e-drum kit for the money hands down
Comments about Roland HD-3 V-Drums Lite Electronic Drum Set:
Bought the kit b/c was limited on space, wanted to keep noise down and wanted to slowly re-introduce myself back into the drums. I liked the cloth heads, as well as the sound and compact and easy set-up. However, I discovered that it did not simulate for me, enough of a realistic kit as far as the placement of the cymbals and the toms...especially the "floor tom." Obviously, it was a lesson for me that I should have tried it out before I ordered it in the first place. As a result, I returned it and for $200.00 dollars more, I purchased the TD-K42, which does a much better job of simulating an acoustic kit, and serves more as a learning tool compared to the HD-3.
I would only buy this kit if I was extremely tight on space and/or I had an acoustic kit and wanted to use this purely as a back-up practice kit. Bottom Line: I just don't think that you get that much bang for your buck when there are other options out there which are a little more expensive (or even a little less) with more options and features.
HD-3 V-Drums Lite Electronic Drum Set
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for one year and labor for 90 days from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.