Universal Audio combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor. Sam Ash Direct has the guaranteed lowest price and fast free, shipping.
With the release of the 6176, Universal Audio combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones.
610B Mic Pre
The UA Audio 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners. Michael Cooper, in his review for Mix Magazine, called it "hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard…" Peter Wade, engineer/producer who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, "This box rocks." The 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.
1176LN Limiting Amplifier
As legendary engineer/producer Andy Johns put it, "The 1176LN is the workhorse compressor." The Universal Audio 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history. Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of it’s Class A output amplifier have enhanced countless recordings over the last thirty-five years. Universal Audio has recreated the 1176LN for the compressor section of the 6176 with the same exacting, attention to detail and tradition they use on their 1176LN. The resulting character, heritage and tone simply cannot be found on other channel strip units.
Features and Specifications:
Audio Inputs - Mic Pre Section• Microphone (Female XLR)
• Balanced Line (Female XLR)
• Unbalanced Line/Instrument (1/4" jack) on front panel
Audio Inputs - Compressor Section
Balanced Line (Female XLR) for use in "Split Mode"
Audio Outputs - Mic Pre Section
Balanced Line (Male XLR) for use in "Split Mode"
Audio Outputs - Compressor Section:
Balanced Line (Male XLR)
Front Panel Controls - Preamplifier Section • MICROPHONE INPUT IMPEDANCE Selectable, 500 ohms or 2K ohms
• BALANCED LINE INPUT IMPEDANCE 13.8K ohms
• Hi-Z INPUT IMPEDANCE Selectable, 2.2 Meg ohms or 47K ohms
• HF Shelf EQ: Switchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB / Corner Frequency Select: 4.5 kHz, 7 kHz, 10 kHz
• LF Shelf EQ: Switchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dB / Corner Frequency Select: 70 Hz, 100 Hz, 200 Hz
• Polarity Reverse Switch
• 48 Volt Phantom Power
• Join/Split switch for joint or independent compressor/preamplifier operation.
Front Panel Controls - Compressor Section: • Input Gain
• Output Gain
• Compression Ratio; Bypass, 1 to 1, 4 to 1, 8 to 1, 12 to 1, 20 to 1 and “All Button” mode
• Meter Select; Preamp Output, Compressor Rain Reduction and Compressor Output
• STEREO INTERCONNECTION: via 1176 SA Network accessory
• VACUUM TUBES One 12AX7A and one 12BH7 per channel
• DIMENSIONS 3.5 inches vertical, for mounting in standard 19-inch rack
• In "Join" mode, a single input signal is fed through the microphone/instrument preamp and then through the compressor. In "Split" mode, one signal can be fed into and out of the preamp/EQ section while a second can be fed into and out of the compressor section.
Get your UA Audio 6176 Channel Strip today from Sam Ash Direct and enjoy the confidence that comes from fast, free shipping, the guaranteed lowest price and our 45/60-day return/price protection policy.
Things You Will Get:
- Channel Strip
- Power Cable