Sound Amazing with Pro Tools + Mbox Pro
Whether you work solo or collaborate with others, you’ll sound better than ever with the newly re-architected Mbox Pro audio and MIDI computer recording interface. Get best-in-class sound quality and performance with professional-grade circuitry and premium audio conversion. And capture and mix studio-quality sessions, with up to 24-bit/192 kHz audio resolution.
Accelerate Your Creativity with Pro Tools Software
Compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix with ease using the world’s most popular, most advanced music creation and audio production platform.• Have the flexibility to use Pro Tools software with your Mbox Pro or completely standalone
• Develop bigger, more complex productions with up to 96 simultaneous stereo audio tracks
• Create better sounding, phase-accurate mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation
• Be more creative with coveted pro features, including multitrack Beat Detective, full Import Session Data dialog, DigiBase Pro & more
• Get inspired and polish mixes with over 70 professional sound-processing plug-ins, virtual instruments, and effects included
• Compose music quickly and easily with full MIDI and score notation tools
• Adjust tempo, pitch, and time on the fly with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch
• Collaborate with other Pro Tools users directly, or with other audio/video software users using OMF/AAF/MXF file interchange
• Expand your creative palette with AAX/RTAS/AudioSuite plug-ins from Avid and others
• Work on a Mac or Windows
Work The Way You Want
Get the flexibility to work in more ways than ever. Use Pro Tools with Mbox Pro for maximum speed and creativity and get total session compatibility with Pro Tools studios worldwide. Or unleash your studio and use Pro Tools standalone for complete on-the-go creation. What’s more, you can even use Mbox Pro with other Core Audio- and ASIO-compatible software such as Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more.
Pristine Quality, Powerful Performance
Get best-in-class audio quality, exceptional performance, and the lowest possible latency in everything you do with Mbox Pro, featuring professional-grade converters, advanced recording technology, and a premium analog signal path. Because Mbox Pro tightly integrates with Pro Tools, you have a system that’s fast enough to keep up with your creativity. And with our stringent testing standards, you’re assured of rock-solid performance in even the most demanding environments.
All The Ins and Outs You Need—and More
Because you can work with up to eight inputs and eight outputs simultaneously, Pro Tools + Mbox Pro is ideal for recording yourself and a small band or ensemble. Connect mics, instruments, line- level equipment, MIDI gear, and digital devices to the wide array of analog and digital I/O. You can also add your favorite outboard signal processors to your mixes using the four insert jacks, attach a footswitch to control punch ins/outs, and maintain perfect sync with other digital devices through Word Clock I/O.
Create Effortlessly with Extras
Mbox Pro comes packed with advanced features, making it even easier to get great results. Instantly perform Pro Tools commands right from the interface—like tap session tempo, start/stop record, and create a new track—with the customizable multi-function button. Tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments using the integrated guitar tuner. Prevent distortion when tracking louder sources using the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter found in our Pro Tools HD Series interfaces. And set up more pleasing cue mixes with reverb using the onboard DSP.
Double your tracks and more with an option
Boost your power to tackle even larger, more complex music and post-production projects, mix in surround sound*, and work more easily with video with the Complete Production Toolkit, a software expansion option for Pro Tools. If you work in a Pro Tools|HD-equipped studio, this option gives you the ability to work on your HD projects at home or on the go—without losing session information.
* Mixing surround sound requires Complete Production Toolkit, a software option for Pro Tools.
• Pro Tools Software
• 75+ virtual instruments and effects
• 8 GB sound library
• Drivers for third-party software use