The new enhanced discrete front end of the ART Digital MPA maintains every nuance, revealing incredible dynamic range.
ART's unique tube circuitry using two 12AX7A tubes render unsurpassed detail and clarity with the broadest range of microphones.
Take advantage of this world class processing via the analog and digital outputs. AES/EBU, S/PDIF. TOSLINK, and ADAT interfaces allow connection to the broadest range equipment. The Digital MPA provides 24 bit or it can adapt to 16 bit applications with the push of a button. The A/D is front panel adjustable from 44.1 to 96K or syncs to ADAT or external word clock (32KHZ to 100KHz).
The ART Digital MPA circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the strengths of all available technologies. The active balanced triple-differential transistor design with local feedback provides excellent CMRR and lower noise than the typical transformer/tube front end. The 12AX7A tube section running on a regulated supply provides gain while maintaining the incredible dynamic range of the previous stage and controlled overload characteristics. Insert jacks between the analog and digital section allow patching in additional signal processing before entering the digital realm. Separate balanced analog outputs and multiple digital outputs possess individual level controls allowing simultaneous use. While the new Digital MPA accepts full line levels, an additional high-Z 1/4" input makes the Digital MPA the perfect DI in studio and live applications.
The digital output section can be patched into directly via 1/4" insert jacks between the analog and digital sections. This allows additional signal processing before entering the digital realm or use as a standalone high quality A/D converter. Professional and consumer output formats are selectable as well as choice of optical format. You can even patch into any ADAT stream and select which pair (or ALL) of channels the Pro MPA w/ DIO transmits.
• Variable Input Impedance for flexible microphone voicing (150 Ohms to 2400 Ohms).
• Selectable plate voltage
• Large VU meters
• Front accessible meter trim
• Selectable between output level and tube warmth
• Improved discrete class A input microphone preamplifier
• Lower noise at low gains
• Lower THD
• Wider frequency response
• Front accessible Instrument Input Jack
• Very high input impedance
• Automatically switches to the instrument input when you plug in
The Digital MPA also features digital connectivity for use with various digital processors and digital recording devices. The Digital interface supports the following features and functions:
• 24-204KHz External sample rate
• 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Internal sample rates
• 24/16 bit switchable dithering
• Wide dynamic range A/D
• Rotary Encoder for quick selection of sample rate and output format.
• Separate analog and digital output level controls
• Digital Level LED meters
• ADAT optical I/O
• Sync to incoming ADAT data rate
• Switch selectable optical output (S/PDIF or ADAT)
• Selectable Pro/consumer output format.
• AES/EBU output on cannon connector
• Two wordclock jacks allowing loop through
Things You Will Get:
- Microphone Preamp
- Power Cable
Digital MPA Tube Microphone Preamp
90 Day Warranty: PDB, DPDB, ARTcessories One Year Warranty: All Graphic Equalizers, X-direct / Z-direct, Transit PA Systems, Tube MP, Tube MP Project Series, Tube MP Project Series w/ USB, Levelar Tube Compressor, Tube PAC Three Year Warranty: Tube MP Studio, Tube MP Studio w/V3, Tube Channel, TPS, DPS, TPS II, DPS II, TCS, SLA-1 / SLA-2, Amplifiers, T-8 Five Year Warranty: Pro MPA, Pro VLA, Pro Channel, MPA Gold, Digital MPA