PA28 28 Channel Mixer
The PA Series is a new range of mixers designed to bring ALLEN&HEATH’s legendary innovative design and excellent sound quality to entry-level mixing in any number of applications, for club performers and schools’ systems, conference rooms and travelling musicians.
The range is designed to provide all the tools you need to run a regular stereo PA system in a straightforward ‘walk up and go’ format. You’ll quickly feel at home with these desks but you’ll also find a number of those innovative touches that you only get from designers who have many years of ‘real world’ experience. This is the first time that such outstanding sound quality has been incorporated into an entry level desk – it sounds as good as HiFi. If you care about quality you’ll also appreciate the build standards that the PA Series conforms to, including the same type of individual vertical circuit boards, nutted pots and solid copper buss interconnection that Allen & Heath use in the acclaimed ML Series live consoles.
- 24 Mono mic or line inputs + 2 stereo
- Mono channels with line and XLR inputs with new padless preamp
- Individual 48V phantom power
- 100Hz high pass filter
- Insert points and mutes throughout
- 4 band EQ – shelving LF and HF, fixed LM at 250Hz and swept HM.
- Two dual stereo channels each with RCA and TRS inputs, 2 band shelving EQ
- 100mm faders on mono and stereo channels
- 4 auxiliary sends – 2 prefade for foldback mixes, 1 postfade feeding internal FX and 1 postfade for external FX or special feeds
- Main stereo mix with 100mm fader and mute, TRS jack outputs.
- Mono sum output to TRS jack + mode switch for subwoofer mode
- Record RCA output and SPDIF.
- 4 band semi parametric EQ on outputs for precise speaker management – source selector allows use on Left/right, L&R sum + foldback1 or foldback1/2
- Digital FX provides 16 editable FX including reverb, chorus, delays, etc. with 100mm fader control. Can be switched off if external FX used, or can be combined. Footswitch TRS jack provided for muting the FX channel. FX can be edited via MIDI using software available from allen-heath.com.
- Background music mode plays 2 track input into main mix post fader leaving music playing through speaker during breaks.
- 2 track RCA input feeds headphone monitor to check recording
- Monitoring – main LR on 12 bar LED, Large LED indicates PFL/AFL active
- Solid and reliable internal 1600W PSU
- Strong steel chassis, practical trims and armrest/carry handle
- 4-pin XLR lamp socket
|Channel Input Type
||24 mono channels with Mic [XLR] & Line [TRS] inputs plus 1/4 inch Insert
||Main Outputs XLR, ST1 IN RCA; ST3 IN RCA; ST2 1/4; ST4 1/4; 2TRK OUT DIGITAl SPDIF; 2TRK IN RCA; 2TRK OUT RCA; EXT FX IN 1/4 inch; AUX OUT 1/4; FX OUT 1/4; FB1 OUT 1/4; FB2 OUT 1/4; MONO OUT 1/4; PHONES 1/4; MAIN OUT 1/4; SLAVE OUT A&B 1/4; INSERT 1/4
||< 0.006% THD+N @1kHz +10dBu
|Bands of EQ per channel
||PA28 28 Channel Mixer
||Max output level: XLR +23dBu into >600ohm load; TRS +21dBu into >2k load. Headroom: +21dB
|Number of Channels
||AC Mains: 100 to 240V AC @ 50/60Hz auto sensing. Consumption: 75W max. Mains fuse rating: 100-240V AC T1AL 250V 20mm (A&H part number: AL0305)
||<-90dB Channel to channel @1kHz; <-95dB Mute shutoff; <-95dB Fader shutoff
||Shelving LF [60Hz], and HF [12kHz]. Fixed LM [250Hz], and swept HM [300Hz - 6kHz]
||21 x 38 x 6
- Good Value
- Handle comes in handy
- High Quality
- No recording level conrol
PA28 28 Channel Mixer
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for one year and labor for one year from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.