Yamaha MSP5A Active Studio Monitor (Single)
High quality, powered monitors have traditionally demanded premium prices. The MSP5A biamplified monitor speakers from Yamaha deliver extraordinary sound quality, at an equally attractive price! The MSP5A provides the perfect choice for a wide range of applications, from home recording to post production. Price is per speaker.
Ultra-Compact, Quick and Easy Hookup
Ultra-compact enclosures allow easy placement. Small face print makes them very accurate for "point source" listening. Hookup is quick and easy with both XLR and 1/4" phone jacks available. 67 combined watts of audio power in a biamplified monitor this size, let alone near this price, was previously unheard of — until now. Upgrading to studio level monitoring has never been easier.
Custom Designed 5" Woofer and 1" Titanium Tweeter
Titanium offers excellent response, separation and durability. The MSP5A's dome tweeter, surrounded by a wave guide horn offers a broad coverage area of 120 degrees.
With two separate amplifiers powering the woofer and tweeter, incredibly lower distortion is realized. A total of 67 watts, 40 to the woofer and 27 to the tweeter, generates a much larger sound field than would normally be expected from a system of this size.
Great for Mastering
Flat frequency response out to 40kHz makes the MSP5A great for mastering, where high sample and bit rates are the norm.
The smooth circular horn surrounding the tweeter delivers uniform dispersion without distortion or coloration.
Magnetic Shielding, Compact Enclosures
Complete magnetic shielding and compact size permits easy placement near all types of audio, video and computer equipment.
Versatile Equalization Control
The MSP5A's 4 position EQ switch for low frequency and 3 position switch for high frequency match the system's response to the acoustic environment.
- General Type: Biamp. 2-way, bass-reflex powered speaker
- General Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- General Overall Frequency Response: 50 Hz ~ 40kHz
- Dimensions ( W X H X D): 169mm x 279mm x 222mm (6 5/8" x 11" x 8 3/4")
- Weight: 7.5kg (16.5 lbs)
- Speaker Components: LF: 12cm (4 2/7") cone (4 ohms); HF: 2.5cm (1") titanium dome (6 ohms)
- Speaker Enclosure: Bass reflex type, magnetic shielding construction
- Amplifier Output Power: LF: 40W at 400Hz, THD=0.02%, RL=4 ohms; HF: 27W at 10kHz, THD=0.02%, RL= 6 ohms
- Amplifier Input Sensitivity/ Impedance: Line 1: +4dB/10k ohm/XLR; Line: 2 -10dB/10k ohm/Phone Jack
- Amplifier S/N: Greater than or equal to 100dB (A weighted)
- Amplifier Controls: TRIM switches: LOW: 4 position (+1.5dB, 0dB, -1.5dB, -3.0dB at 60Hz); HIGH: 3 position (+1.5dB, 0dB, -1.5dB, at 15kHz); Power switch: On/Off; Level Control
- Amplifier Power Indicator: Green LED
- Amplifier Power Requirement: US and Canadian Models: 120v 60Hz; General Models: 230v 50Hz
- Amplifier Power Consumption: US and Canadian Models: 60W; General Models: 60W