Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core DSP Accelerator (Firewire)
Serious analog sound for MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, and more
A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Intel-based Mac into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core package features a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you massive analog character, right out of the box!
This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower “boost” for your MacBook Pro, iMac or Mac Mini — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing. The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire port.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core features four individual Analog Device SHARC processors and the “Analog Classics” bundle that includes: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
* Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Intel-based MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini via FireWire 800/400 connection
* Access nearly 60 plug-ins; Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately w/14 day,
full-version free trial)
* Includes portable DSP Accelerator unit (FireWire format), QUAD w/ 4 SHARC processors
* Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
* Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on any Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire 800/400 port
* All packages include “Analog Classics” bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers,
Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
* Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
* Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
* VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion compatible
* Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
* Desktop dimensions: 6” wide x 8” long x 1” high (weight: 2 lbs)
* 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
* Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
* 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
* 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
UAD-2 Satellite Minimum System Requirements
* Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
* Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
* 1 GB available hard drive space
* 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
* Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
* Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
* Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software