Stanton M505 5 Channel DJ Mixer
The M.505 is a true 5-channel club mixer, allowing DJs to connect up to five phono/line inputs while retaining a separate mic channel. The onboard effects loop offers unprecedented flexibility, making it possible to preview an external effect in headphones and route it to a variety of sources. Factor in Stanton's Superior Sound Technology™ (SST) and high-quality components—including a fully assignable Penny & Giles crossfader—and the M.505 stands in a class all its own.
- 12" Club Mixer with 5 Input Channels plus Separate Mic Channel
- Engineered with SST™ for Studio-quality Sound
- Flexible FX Loop: Route External Effects to Headphone Cue, Crossfader or Master Output
- Preview External Effects in Headphones with Split (Wet/Dry) or Stereo Cue
- Fully Assignable Penny & Giles Crossfader with Dual Curve Adjust
- 60mm Long-throw Faders and 3-Band EQ per Channel with Complete Kill
- 5 Phono Inputs, 5 Line Inputs and 2 Switchable Mic/Aux Inputs with an (XLR, 1/4") Combo Jack
- Flexible Outputs: Master (XLR, 1/4", RCA), Booth (1/4", RCA), Record (RCA) and Headphone (1/4", 1/8")
SST mixers offer several important advantages for DJs:
Why add noise to your mix when you can have the pure sound of SST? Try this with your current DJ mixer: Make sure nothing is playing, then turn all the channel faders and master fader to their maximum positions. Then boost all the EQ's to their highest settings. What you'll probably get is a bunch of hiss and noise. On an SST mixer, you won't hear a thing!
Another problem common to DJ mixers is channel bleed. For example, let's say you have a CD playing on channel 1 and nothing playing on channel 2. On many mixers, if you were to turn up channel 2's fader all the way you would hear the music bleeding over from channel 1. Again, with an SST mixer all you would hear is silence.
Better Overall Sound.
Because Stanton builds SST mixers with high dynamic range and low distortion, their mixers have a much more clean, transparent sound than the competition. The result is your music will sound the way it was intended, without being "colored" by the circuitry of the mixer. Compare the specs head-to-head with other mixers at a similar price, and you'll find that SST mixers are head and shoulders above the rest.
Built to Last.
SST mixers are designed using only the highest quality components for longer life and more reliable performance. Did you know that many mixers use circuit boards made of a paper-like material? Spill a drink on that and your mixer is toast. SST mixers use glass epoxy boards for better durability. They also feature surface-mount technology, which means if you were to open one up you wouldn't see a mess of wires but a clean design that keeps our mixers so quiet.