Sony MZM200 Portable HiMD Minidisc Deck
This Hi-MD™ portable audio recorder is ideal for journalists and musicians who need to make high-quality stereo audio recordings using cost-effective removable media. The MZ-M200 recorder comes supplied with an ECM-DS70P Stereo Microphone and MDR-EO931Earbud Headphone. The recorder uses affordable Hi-MD™ media with 1 GB storage capacity. Three Hi-MD recording modes are supported including: Linear (PCM) 44.1kHz/16-bit, ATRAC3plus 256kbps (Hi-SP) mode and ATRAC3plus 64bps (Hi-LP) mode. In addition, three conventional MD recording modes are supported including: ATRAC 292kbps (SP), ATRAC3 132kbps (LP2) and ATRAC3 66kbps (LP4).
The recorder supports USB 2.0 uploading + downloading with PC (using supplied Sonic Stage software), and USB uploading with MAC (using supplied Hi-MD Music Transfer software), allowing transferring audio recordings to a computer and storing them on the computer in .Wav file format. This Hi-MD™ device can also be used as a USB mass storage device, allowing storing data files on the Hi-MD™ disc along with audio recordings. Bright EL (Organic Electroluminescence) display with enhanced user interface and larger record function buttons Hi-MD™ selectable recording times provides 94 minutes of uncompressed PCM linear audio, or up to 34 hours of ATRAC3plus compressed audio Hi-MD™ self record uploading allows transferring self-recordings onto a computer and storing them as a .wav file Conventional MD recording modes (SP, LP2 and LP4) allow making conventional MD recordings (using MD media) when playback compatibility with a conventional MD deck is desired Conventional MD self-recordings can be uploaded via USB 2.0 to WIN PC using supplied Sonic Stage software (Excludes EMD content, Checked-out MD content or NETMD content) Ability to record from multiple sources (USB, Line In, Mic In) Up to 6 hours of PCM recording battery life with rechargeable battery (supplied) Compatible with both Hi-MD™ media and standard MiniDisc media Data file storage allows storing data files on Hi-MD discs along with audio recordings High-Speed USB 2.0 11 Segment record level metering with over level indication Digital amplifier
- Format: Digital Audio MiniDisc System
- Laser Diode Properties: Emission duration: continuous; Laser output: less than 44.6 uW
Hi-MD Recording and Playback Time With Hi-MD Media: PCM Linear Mode (44.1kHz/16-bit) : 1 hour 34 minutes; Hi-SP Mode(ATRAC3plus 256kbs): 7 hours 55 minutes; Hi-LP Mode (ATRAC3plus 64kbps): 34 hours
- MD Recording and Playback Time With 80 Min MD Media: SP Mode (ATRAC 292kbps): 1 hour 20 minutes; LP2 Mode (ATRAC3 132kbps): 2 hours 40 minutes; LP4 Mode (ATRAC3 66kbps): 5 hours 20 minutes
- Revolutions: Approximately 350 rpm to 3000 rpm (CLV)
- Error Correction: Hi-MD: LDC (Long Distance Code) / BIS (Burst Indicator Subcode); MD: ACIRC (Advanced Cross Interleave Reed Solomon Code)
- Sampling Rate Converter: Optical (digital) input: 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Audio Formats Supported: Recording: Linear PCM (44.1khz 16-bit), ATRAC3plus (Hi-SP/Hi-LP), ATRAC (SP) and ATRAC3 (LP2/LP4) ; Playback: Linear PCM, ATRAC3plus, ATRAC3, ATRAC, MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3/Sampling Frequency 44.1kHz/Bit rate 32-320 kbps (constant /variable bit rate))
- Modulation System: Hi-MD: 1-7RLL (Run Length Limited)/ (PRML (Partial Response Maximum Likelihood). MD: EFM (Eight to Fourteen Modulation)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/ -3dB
- Mic Input: Stereo mini-jack (minimum input level 0.13mV)
- Line Input: Stereo mini-jack for analog input (minimum input level 49 mV) or Optical (digital) input.
- The line in (opt) jack is used to connect either a digital (optical) cable or a line (analog) cable
- Outputs: Headphone stereo mini-jack/ dedicated remote control jack
- Headphone Output: 5 mW + 5 mW (16 ohms)
- Sony Power Adapter (AC-S50BU): AC 120V AC @ 60 Hz; DC 5 Volts
- Power Requirements for the Recorder: Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (Model LIP-4WM) 3.7 V, 370 mAh, Li-ion
- Battery Life using Hi-MD Media: For Linear PCM recording mode, Up to 6 hours of recording, or up to 10 hours of playback. For ATRAC3plus Hi-SP mode, Up to 9 hours of recording, or up to 15.5 hours of playback. For ATRAC3plus Hi-LP Mode, Up to 10.5 hours of recording or up to 19 hours of playback.
- Dimensions: Approximately 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" x 19/32" excluding projecting parts and controls
- Mass: Approximately 3.4 oz (recorder only); 3.7 oz (including rechargeable battery)
||3 3/8 x 3 3/8 x 19/32
Sony MZM200 Portable HiMD Minidisc Deck
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for one year and labor for 90 days from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.