Roland SP606 Workstation Sampler (Factory Resealed)
Lightweight, but packed with heavy grooves, the SP-606 sampling workstation extends the legacy of the popular SP-505, offering 4x4 velocity sensitive pads, D Beam and V-LINK control and USB/CompactFlash compatibility. Bundled with Cakewalk’s new P606 phrase generator/virtual groovebox for comprehensive sample library and editing capabilities, the SP-606 is all you’ll need to create grooves that’ll get you and your audience moving. The SP-606 is the most complete and unique sampler in its class.
- 4x4 velocity sensitive pads for intuitive rhythm programming and phrase audio operation
- Enhanced effects, including Isolator, Filter + Drive, Slicer, Reverb, Tape Echo and onboard Mastering capabilities
- Unique control over performance and playback via Roland’s D Beam controller and V-LINK function*
- A CompactFlash slot for storing audio samples (in the SP-606’s Pad Bank format) and import/export of WAV/AIFF files
- USB connection allows MIDI data/Bulk Dump and audio streaming storage capabilities
- Increased storage and download capabilities, including CompactFlash cards (with up to 512MB capacity) and USB jack
- 4-track sequencer with up to 18,000 note capacity, MIDI sequencing and BPM sync for audio phrase time stretching
- S/PDIF I/O for high-quality recording and track making with digital equipments
- Bundled with new P606 software from Cakewalk for enhanced integration and functionality with a PC via USB
*V-LINK requires Edirol DV-7PR Digital Video Workstation Presenter with software version 1.50 or higher, or P-1 Photo/Audio/MIDI Player (sold separately).
Sample, Edit, and Play
The SP-606 features stellar 8-voice, CD-quality audio with extensive slice and dice editing of samples via the onboard Chop function. Additionally, a powerful 18,000 note 4-track MIDI sequencer with BPM Sync feature lets you time stretch audio phrases. An easy-to-read graphic LCD with waveform display allows you to zoom in while editing Start and End points.
Rhythm Programming and Realtime Control
New velocity-sensitive pads are laid out intuitively in a 4x4 grid for greater control over rhythm programming and phrase audio operation. Additionally, Roland’s acclaimed D Beam controller and V-LINK video control features have been added to enable unique phrasing and real-time effects generation during playback. When used with Edirol’s DV-7PR or P-1, you can trigger video clips in sync with playback.
Powerful Effects Processing
There are 45 multi-effects built into the SP-606, including Isolator, Filter + Drive, Slicer, Reverb and Tape Echo as well as an independent Mastering Effect for final mixing. Effect settings can be added and tweaked in realtime via the SP-606’s front panel knobs.
Enhanced Sampling Capabilities
The External Sequence Sampling feature allows you to capture audio loops generated by MIDI-based machines with ease. Simply connect the SP-606 to an external MIDI workstation, such as the MC-909, and press the Sampling button. Using MIDI information, the SP-606 is able to detect start and end points of the audio loop and perform a perfect capture.
Storage and Output Options
A CompactFlash memory slot with up to 512MB capacity is available for storing audio samples and for importing/exporting WAV/AIFF files. An onboard USB port facilitates transfer of MIDI data, audio files & audio stream downloading as well as WAV/AIFF files. In combination, the CompactFlash and USB port enables importing or exporting of WAV/AIFF files without requiring a separate CompactFlash reader/writer. Coaxial S/PDIF I/O is also included.
Expand Your Groove Horizons with P606
The SP-606 comes bundled with powerful P606 software from Cakewalk, eliminating the need for a static CD library. PC-based P606 software functions as a phrase generator/virtual groovebox, integrating with the SP-606 via the USB MIDI/audio interface. Three kinds of software synthesizers—analog modeling, groovesynth and ACIDized file player—are offered, as well as a loop sequencer, eight effect plug-ins and onscreen control over Mix. As a master controller, the SP-606 can seamlessly import, edit and play back P606 tracks.
90 days labor, 1 year parts.