Native Instruments Akoustik Piano Virtual Instrument
AKOUSTIK PIANO fuses the sampled sound, expressiveness and playability of three of the most reputable grand pianos – the Steinway D™, Bechstein D 280™ and Boesendorfer 290 Imperial™ – as well as the charismatic Steingraeber 130™ vintage upright piano into one application. AKOUSTIK PIANO covers the entire range of piano sounds and styles, transfusing the sonic characteristics and subtle tonal nuances of all four into your computer – the perfect complement for studios, rehearsal rooms, schools, stages and clubs.
- 3 famous grand pianos and 1 vintage upright piano
- Extremely intuitive and clearly structured user interface
- Integrated convolution module for high-quality controllable room acoustics
- 4 different room types with distinctive characteristics
- Exceptionally high sample quality incl. sustain and release phases
- "Layer Morphing Technology" ensures a seamless velocity gradient
- Highly efficient sample engine based on KONTAKT 2, including Direct from Disk
- Adjustable mechanical noises of pedals and keys
- Integrated metronome, recorder and flexible 3-band EQ
- Keyboard velocity curve allowing response to be adjusted for different master keyboards
Under The Lid
AKOUSTIK PIANO is the new benchmark in sound quality, capturing the full body and feel of the originals with unprecedented authenticity. The latest recording technology as well as a specially developed microphone setup was used for all 4 pianos. The result is a uniquely warm, transparent and flexible sound that delivers the same distinctive character of each individual piano in exacting detail and can still be adjusted to meet specific needs.
AKOUSTIK PIANO plays and responds exactly as real pianos do. The keys were sampled at varying velocities and great care was taken to capture the entire sustain and release phases. The brand new Layer Morphing Technology generates a seamless dynamic gradient. The characteristic resonances caused by use of the pedals can be adjusted as can the subtle mechanical noises of the pedals and keys themselves. From perfect pianissimo to forceful fortissimo, this instrument delivers the same breadth and depth of tone as the originals.
AKOUSTIK PIANO has a first-class integrated convolution module, allowing highly authentic spatial characteristics to be added to the sound. Place the piano in a studio, jazz club, concert hall and a cathedral or use the dry signal as it is. The acoustic parameters of these spaces, such as the size, can also be manipulated. From the close mic setup of a jazz combo to the more ambient nature of classic solo performance, AKOUSTIK PIANO covers the whole spectrum.
Minimum System Requirements:
Mac OS: 10.3, G4 800 MHz, 512 MB RAM
Windows: XP, Pentium 1 GHz / Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
Both platforms: DVD Drive, 17 GB free hard disk space