Mackie d4 Pro Professional 4 Channel DJ Mixer
At first pass, Mackie’s new d.4 pro 4-Channel DJ Production Console may look like a typical, albeit very handsome, DJ mixer. But that’s pretty much where any similarities between it and other DJ mixers stop. Because by combining unrivaled multi-channel / multi-track FireWire computer connectivity, superior studio-quality sound, Onyx mic preamps, massive routing capability, and Traktor® Scratch certification, the d.4 pro distinguishes itself as the first mixer worthy of being called a DJ production console.
Specifically, the d.4 pro brings its professionalism courtesy of premium studio grade VCA-based analog circuitry, two of Mackie’s flagship Onyx mic preamplifiers, audiophile-grade phono preamps, an Infinium® contact-free crossfader, sweepable analog filter effects, true wet/dry stereo aux send, and XLR balanced main outputs. So you get studio-quality sound, Mackie’s hallmark “built-like-a-tank” construction, and enough flexibility to place it at the center of any professional performance or serious DJ/remixer studio.
DO IT BETTER WITH FIREWIRE
The d.4 pro is the first DJ-style console to offer onboard 14x8 FireWire connectivity with 24 bit/96kHz sampling rates. So you can plug directly into your FireWire-ready Mac or PC (Mac OSX 10.3.9 or higher, Windows XP, SP2 or higher), and start spinning all your digital music files from iTunes, Traktor Scratch, Ableton Live and more (see sidebar). The d.4 pro’s FireWire connectivity also lets you record your sets and original music productions directly to your computer without any additional hardware. This makes it a complete solution for building mix CDs, recording podcasts, broadcasts, or any one of dozens of other applications.
PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE PARADISE
A small DJ/remix studio typically includes turntables, CD decks, a beat machine, a keyboard, a computer, microphones and sound modules. So we made sure you could connect all this gear into a d.4 pro simultaneously and “tie it all together.” No more separate compact mixer. No more audio interface. No more mess of cables. And no more standalone mic preamps—the d.4’s genuine Onyx mic pres even have selectable 48V phantom power for studio mics! But we didn’t sleep on the d.4 pro’s performance features either, so you’ll be equally at home using it in the club.
In addition to its super straightforward layout, the d.4 pro’s performance features include:
- An Infinium® optical, no-contact crossfader with adjustable tension
- Mackie-designed turntable and premium Onyx mic preamps for superior detail and maximum "punch"
- Smooth 3-band analog EQ with full kill capabilities
- 2 "vintage" analog filter FX
- A solid 14-gauge all-steel chassis (substantially thicker than our competitors)
Why should you care about these components? Because they contribute to the legendary sound quality and durability which have become Mackie hallmarks.
SCRATCH YOUR DIGITAL MUSIC FILES
The d.4 pro is among a small handful of audio interfaces that’s Certified Traktor® Scratch Ready. What’s this mean? By upgrading the d.4 pro with Native Instrument's Traktor® Scratch Upgrade software, you can mix and scratch digital music files on your computer using your standard turntables and CDJs with specially coded vinyl and CDs. While other DJ mixers require additional hardware to interface with special 'timecoded' vinyl control records and CDs, the d.4 pro is set up to interpret Traktor’s external timecode directly, allowing you to pull up your entire digital track library, right on your trusty ol’ 1200s. Find out more about this amazing software here.
When its time to start making your own beats, the included Tracktion 3 music production software has your back. The production hardware bundle, easy-to-use software gives you unlimited track count*, and it comes loaded with a staggering library of loops, instruments, and stunning effects. Designed around a simple, single-screen interface, Tracktion is the fastest, most powerful way to turn your musical ideas into finished songs. Go to the Tracktion 3 page and get all the details.
*Track count is only limited to your computer’s resources
THE INFINIUM CROSSFADER
How could Mackie create such a killer DJ console without paying special attention to the crossfader? The d.4 pro’s Infinium contact-free crossfader delivers precise, ultra-smooth response for years... no matter how much you scratch. And without the risk of dust and grime deteriorating its audio performance, this crossfader will sound as good in 10 years as the day you bought your mixer. Featuring an adjustable tension control, which can be set using a small screwdriver, the Infinium crossfader’s feel can be customized to be as loose or tight as you desire.
AN ANALOG VCA DESIGN
For the tech-heads out there, we figured you’d want to know a bit about the the d.4 pro’s analog circuitry. Specifically, the d.4 pro uses an all-analog Voltage-Controlled Amplifier (VCA) design with ultra high-performance components, tuned to provide the maximum headroom and lowest noise of any mixer in its class. Thanks to this VCA design, the d.4 is immune to the deterioration in sound quality that often plagues traditional DJ mixers. Dust particles and the general crud of life wrecks old-school faders — but VCA faders power right through these obstacles night after night, year after year, to deliver rock-solid performance with zero audio degradation. VCAs also let you fine-tune the curves of the faders to perfectly suit your style, and even reverse them via conveniently positioned controls.
- Premium 4-channel DJ Production Console with analog VCA circuitry
- Built-in 14x8 FireWire connectivity for multitrack recording and playback on Mac or PC
- 45mm Infinium contact-free optical crossfader for years of use
- 2 Onyx premium mic preamplifiers
- Mackie-designed turntable preamps for ultra-low noise and maximum punch
- 4 stereo program channels with CD, Phono/Line, and FireWire input select
- 3-band EQ per channel w/ complete kill filters and blue backlit knobs
- 2 “vintage” analog filter FX for on the fly transitions
- 4 position routing switch per channel for maximum flexibility
- Additional zone and booth outputs
- Planet Earth Power Supply—no need for power converters anywhere
- XLR main outs with mic/line switch for easy stage integration
- Crossfader features Resistance and Curve controls
- Advanced cueing section with split cue function
- Separate mono/stereo booth out
- Individual program meters plus main out meters
- Traktor® Scratch certified for live scratching of digital music files on Mac or PC
- Includes Tracktion 3 Project music production software
- Compatible with any Windows XP (SP2 or higher) ASIO/WDM host, or Mac OS X Core Audio (version 10.3.9 or higher)
- Ideal mixer for turntablists, remixers and digital DJs alike
d.pro Compatible Software:
- Tracktion 3
- Digital Performer
- Tracktor Scratch Upgrade
- Traktor DJ studio 3
- Abelton Live
And many more...
Mackie d4 Pro Professional 4 Channel DJ Mixer
The following Mackie products have drivers that are guaranteed for two years and electronics guaranteed
for three years: Loudspeakers, power amps, and powered mixers; all SRM, HD, SAz, SWA, C and S Series
speakers; all M, FR and FRS amplifiers; and all HRmk2 studio monitors.
The following Mackie products are guaranteed for one year:
All mixers, MR Studio Monitors, Control Surfaces, Processors, Audio/MIDI Interfaces, all other
SR & recording products, all Onyx Compact, 4 bus and 8 bus, VLZ3, PPM, ProFX, d.Pro, U Series, CFXmk2
mixers, MR Studio Monitors, Big Knob, Quad Com, Onyx 800R, and MCU Pro Family Controllers.
This warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.