MOTU UltraLite FireWire Audio Interface
UltraLite is a 24-bit, 96kHz bus-powered FireWire i/o with 10 Ins and 14 Outs. Connect this little powerhouse to your laptop or desktop Mac or PC and you have a pro quality recording solution! UltraLite is even capable of Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the UltraLite to your gig. No computer needed. Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Macintosh and PC audio software.
- Sturdy lightweight construction - ready to travel with you anywhere.
- Compact size (8.5" wide x 7" deep) - fits easily into a napsack, briefcase or computer bag and sits perfectly beside any laptop.
- Bus powered (requires a non-adapted 6-pin FireWire port on the computer) - no additional power supply necessary for complete recording freedom. Includes power supply for stand-alone operation (without a computer).
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes - create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- 10 inputs with 2 mic preamps and 14 outputs including separate mains - all the I/O you need.
- Discrete ins/outs - there's no channel sharing in the UltraLite; the analog I/O, mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- Individual 48V phantom power - mix and match condenser and dynamic microphones.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Front-panel control - access your entire mix, or any UltraLite setting, directly from the front panel.
- Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the UltraLite to your gig. No computer needed.
- Just plug in any DC power adapter (10-24 volts, tip positive or negative). Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
- Two mic pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power and front-panel trim controls.
- Three-way pad switch (0, 18 & 36dB) plus 24dB of adjustable trim (in 1dB increments) - provides 60dB gain range.
- 18dB of extra gain for the six TRS inputs.
- Sample-accurate MIDI - connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable - add additional UltraLite, 828, 828mkII, 896, 896HD or Traveler FireWire interfaces for additional I/O.
- Six 24-bit 96kHz analog inputs and eight outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
- SMPTE sync and striping via any analog input/output.
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Macintosh and PC audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Two FireWire ports - daisy-chain up to four units on a single FireWire bus without a hub.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire.
- Separate main outs with independent front panel volume control.
- Front panel headphone jack with independent volume control.
- Front panel LCD metering for all audio inputs and outpus.
Housed in sturdy yet lightweight aluminum alloy, the UltraLite provides 2 mic/instrument inputs with preamps, 48V phantom power, front-panel gain adjust and three-way pad switch. There is plenty of additional analog I/O via 6 balanced line-level quarter-inch (TRS) inputs and ten analog TRS outputs for a total of 8 analog ins and 10 analog outs. You also get stereo S/PDIF digital I/O, a dedicated stereo headphone output and MIDI I/O for your controller keyboard and other gear.
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Then monitor all of these live inputs via the UltraLite’s main outs, headphone jack or any other output — with virtually no monitoring latency and no processor drain on your computer. You can even create separate monitor mixes for the main outs, headphones and other outputs. Control everything, including talk-back and listen-back, from the included CueMix Console™ software, just like a large studio console. If you’re using the UltraLite to mix without a computer, you can control CueMix directly from the UltraLite’s front-panel.
The UltraLite includes a 16-channel MIDI interface. Simply plug in your FireWire cable, and both MIDI and audio are ready to go. Connect any MIDI device, such as a controller keyboard, synth module, automated control surface or drum machine. Timing is sample-accurate with supporting software.
The UltraLite provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3 or higher, Windows XP and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Macintosh, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
All inputs and outputs are independent and available at all times.
For example, using a mic-preamp input does not 'steal' an input from the TRS analog input bank. As another example, the headphones and main outputs are available as separate mix destinations. In addition, CueMix DSP gives you all the flexibility you need. For example, you can configure CueMix DSP to mirror an existing mix bus to the headphones.
The UltraLite includes a 16-channel MIDI interface that provides sample-accurate timing with supporting software.
Connect a MIDI keyboard, sound module or control surface, and you are ready to go. The FireWire cable carries both MIDI and audio so you don't need to connect an additional USB cable for MIDI.
The UltraLite provides DSP-driven digital mixing and monitoring for all 10 inputs.
You can connect mics, guitars, synths and effects processors, and monitor everything from the UltraLite’s main outs or headphone jack with no separate mixer needed and no latency.
The UltraLite supports up to four separate stereo monitor mixes assigned to any digital or analog output pairs. For example, you could set up separate monitor mixes for the main outs and headphone outs, while two additional stereo buses could be used for send/return loops to reverb units or other outboard gear. Each mix can support all 10 inputs (6 TRS analog, 2 mic, and stereo S/PDIF digital).
The "CueMix Bounce Back" feature lets you route one of the four CueMix DSP mixes back to the computer. This allows you to record, for example, your entire mix - including monitored inputs - back into the computer.
CueMix Console provides Talkback and Listenback buttons. Talkback allows an engineer in the control room to temporarily dim all audio and talk to musicians in the live room. Conversely, Listenback allows musicians to talk to the control room. For Talkback, you can set up a dedicated mic in your control room and connect it to a mic input on your UltraLite. For Listenback, you can set up a dedicated listenback mic in the live room for the musicians and connect it to another mic input.
The UltraLite can function as a stand-alone digital mixer. Create up to four independent stereo mixes and adjust them on the fly with the front panel display.
The UltraLite provides on-board SMPTE time code synchronization features.
These features allow you to slave your UltraLite system to SMPTE time code without a synchronizer via any analog input. Any analog output can be used for time code generation. The UltraLite provides a DSP-driven phase-lock engine with sophisticated filtering that provides fast lockup times and sub-frame accuracy.
The UltraLite provides a DSP-driven phase-lock engine with sophisticated filtering that provides fast lockup times and sub-frame accuracy.
The included MOTU SMPTE Console™ software provides a complete set of tools to generate SMPTE for striping, regenerating or slaving other devices to the computer. These synchronization features are cross-platform and compatible with all audio sequencer software that supports the ASIO2 sample-accurate sync protocol.
MOTU UltraLite FireWire Audio Interface
The following Mackie products have drivers that are guaranteed for two years and electronics guaranteed
for three years: Loudspeakers, power amps, and powered mixers; all SRM, HD, SAz, SWA, C and S Series
speakers; all M, FR and FRS amplifiers; and all HRmk2 studio monitors.
The following Mackie products are guaranteed for one year:
All mixers, MR Studio Monitors, Control Surfaces, Processors, Audio/MIDI Interfaces, all other
SR & recording products, all Onyx Compact, 4 bus and 8 bus, VLZ3, PPM, ProFX, d.Pro, U Series, CFXmk2
mixers, MR Studio Monitors, Big Knob, Quad Com, Onyx 800R, and MCU Pro Family Controllers.
This warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.