MOTU MachFive 2 Sampling Software
MachFive 2 delivers the very latest cutting-edge sampling technology by merging four worlds of advanced sound design: samples, loops, synthesis and effects. Now you can import, edit, synthesize, process and play multi-sample instruments, loops and phrases in MachFive's unified, intuitive environment.
- Unique, unified design provides instruments, loops, phrases and synthesis in one simple window
- Second generation 32-bit UVI Engine, superb sound quality up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Unlimited parts (unlimited multi-timbral operation)
- Unlimited polyphony and ultra low software latency
- Unlimited sample keygroups and keygroup layers
- Up to 200 discrete audio outputs (depending on host)
- Up to 256 MIDI channels (depending on host)
- Three-dimensional layered keygroup mapping with unlimited layers and dynamic, programmable-rule-based layer switching
- Built-in graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, metering and unlimited channels
- Disk streaming; can be enabled per part
- New modular synthesis architecture with two synth engines (organ drawbar and vintage analog); program and play synth sounds side by side with, or as part of, your multi-layer sampled instruments
- Powerful modulation matrix with controller mapping
- Multi-point envelopes with unlimited control points; sync envelopes to the host tempo
- Drag and drop audio import/export
- Advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting engine
- LoopLab™ beat-slicing editing of multi-channel loops; playback at any tempo with or without stretching; sample, stretch, and slice loop engines
- Full-screen keygroup/sample editor with unlimited undo/redo, batch processing, and 47 DSP effects
- Multichannel surround support with multiple outputs
- Plug-in or stand-alone operation
- Multi-column browser for fast and easy navigation; audition loops & samples while browsing
- 47 built-in effects with hundreds of presets
- Support for multi-effects with over 100 multi presets
- Flexible effects architecture; apply effects at any level, from individual samples up to the entire mix
- One-click MIDI controller mapping for nearly all settings
- Automatic keyboard mapping of imported samples via advanced pitch-detection and velocity algorithm
- Supports all major 3rd-party hardware and software sample library formats
- Reads other sample formats directly from disc – no time-consuming importing required
- Reads GigaStudio libraries directly, including multi-layer instruments ("dimensions")
- Mount non-Mac/Windows sample CDs on your desktop and then read sounds directly from disc image
- Includes 32GB (four 8GB DVDs) of ready-to-play instruments, loops & phrases
- Drag and drop import of all major audio file formats including WAVE, AIFF, SDII, REX, Apple Loops
Unprecedented compatibility and interoperability
MachFive 2 is the complete solution for sample library playback and sound design, with unprecedented compatibility and interoperability with all major plug-in hosts, sound libraries and sample formats on both Mac and Windows. Even if you use multiple platforms, hosts and library formats, MachFive 2 is the last sampler you'll ever need to buy.
32GB of included sounds
MachFive 2 includes four dual-layer, 8GB soundbank DVDs that contain approximately 32GB of world-class sounds. The DVDs include a staggering array of multi-sample instruments, loops and phrases, including premium material recorded at 192kHz. DVD 2 provides a stunning 24-bit 96kHz 8GB sampled grand piano. DVD 3 supplies surround instruments and loops. DVD 4 provides the VSL™ Orchestra MachFive Edition: an exclusive collection of expressive orchestra sounds from the most respected name in orchestra sound libraries.
MachFive combines the worlds of loops and multi-sample instruments. Trigger both together within MachFive's intuitive environment. The unique Loop Lab lets you freely and easily edit REX, ACID and Apple GarageBand Loops, or create your own. Simply Drag audio files into the Loop Lab - you can even drop in audio that has not yet been sliced. Instantly map slices. Find or set a tempo. Apply destructive or non-destructive sample level editing. Assemble multiple tempo-synced loops side by side. Time-stretch with no artifacts. Then set AutoPlay to trigger the audio when you press play in your sequencer application, or trigger each slice from your MIDI controller. You can even drag both MIDI and audio files from Loop Lab to your desktop or tracks in your sequencer.
Collaborate across platforms
No other sampler can match the across-the-board compatibility and interoperability of MachFive 2. MachFive 2 supports every major software instrument plug-in format platform (MAS, VST, AU, RTAS and DXi), as well as stand-alone application operation on both Mac OS X (with full Universal Binary support for G5 and Intel CPUs) and Windows (XP and Vista, 32 and 64 bit). You can effortlessly move from one platform to another and collaborate with colleagues who use different audio software or even different computer operating systems. For example, you might write and track in Digital Performer or Logic on the Mac, and then move to Pro Tools running under Windows for mixing. Just save a MachFive 2 performance in DP or Logic, load it into Pro Tools, along with your MIDI tracks, and you are ready to go. MachFive 2 is the first truly Universal Software Sampler.
Compatibility with all major sample libraries
MachFive 2 opens and reads all major sampler library and audio file formats directly - even legacy sampler discs like Kurzweil K2xxx and the Roland S-700 series. Your computer can't read these discs, but MachFive 2 can. There is no need for time consuming file format conversion. Just load presets directly from the disc. You can even create and save disc images to any hard drive, and MachFive 2 will read directly from the disc image as if the CD were in the drive.
Special attention has been paid to compatibility with GigaSampler libraries, especially keyswitching and "dimensions". Open your GigaSampler, EXS24, or Kontakt instruments in MachFive 2 directly and preset characteristics such as key switch, release, and trigger-speed sample switching are faithfully preserved and ready to go.
Plug-in or stand-alone operation
MachFive 2 supports all current instrument plug-in standards on both Mac and Windows platforms. Perhaps you run a commercial studio that offers several different sequencing packages to its clients. Because MachFive 2 runs in any Mac or Windows sequencer that supports virtual instruments, you now have the same sounds and instruments available, regardless of which sequencer you use. MachFive 2 is also directly compatible with notation software titles such as Finale and Sibelius. Because MachFive 2 works in stand-alone mode, you can take your laptop computer to a gig, load your sounds, and use MachFive 2 for live performance.
Optimized for efficiency
MachFive 2 provides disk streaming on a per instrument basis for efficient memory usage. Enable disk streaming for the included 8GB Grand Piano, so only 40MB of RAM is used to load the instrument. Disable disk streaming for shorter samples, such as percussion instruments, to maximize hard drive efficiency.
Effects and synthesizer parameters (LFOs, envelopes, etc.) are modular, allowing for maximum CPU efficiency.
A new standard
For sound design, live performance, music production, or broadcast, MachFive 2 delivers the perfect balance of superb audio quality, ease of operation, and across-the-board compatibility.
What's new in 2?
- Universal Compatibility
MachFive 2 is available in all major plug-in formats for Mac OS X and Windows, plus as a standalone application. Run MachFive 2 cross-platform on your G5 or Intel Mac, or on the latest Windows PC with 32 and 64 bit XP or Vista.
- Universal Sound Management
MachFive 2 effortlessly handles samples and synthesis, loops and instruments. Use the included 32 GB of sounds, or load third-party sounds natively without conversion. Umlimited parts mean you'll always have room for more, and with disk streaming you can manage them with ease.
- Advanced editing that retains simplicity
With its simple one-window design, MachFive 2 keeps everything in your reach, yet provides deep editing tools. Easily manage unlimited parts with unlimited keygroups and layers in a single window, using up to 256 MIDI channels and 200 discrete audio outputs (depends on host). Use the new expanded and full screen editors to attend to every detail.
- Loop Lab
Drag & drop import/export, beat slicing, MIDI mapping, time stretching, and advanced pitch shifting take your loops to the next level.
- Layers and Rules
Layers add a whole new dimension to your sounds. Organize, sort, and stack your sounds, and create dynamic performances using Layer Rules. Third-party multi-dimension formats like Gigasampler load effortlessly with all of their rules.
MachFive 2's Mixer view provides the tools for a comprehensive mixdown environment. Quickly adjust levels, panning, audio outputs, MIDI inputs, add effects, and configure aux sends for multiple parts.
Use dozens of effects ranging from pristine convolution reverb to gritty distortion to multi-band processors, with hundreds of included presets or your own. Graphical control for plug-ins makes finding that perfect setting easy. Save up to four effects in a single preset with multi FX for quick recall.
- Advanced Sound Design
MachFive 2's sound design is powerful, yet intuitive and easy to use. Adjust all keygroups with one move, or create unique settings for every keygroup. Take advantage of filters, LFOs, AHDSR and multi-point envelopes, effects, and much more to carefully craft your sound. And with MIDI automation and modulation for nearly every parameter, the depth of control is staggering.
- Multi-point envelopes
Multi-point envelopes with unlimited breakpoints allow for highly customizable modulation. Sync your envelopes to your host tempo, and save & recall presets of favorite envelopes.
MachFive 2 seamlessly combines samples and synthesis in a unified environment. Use traditional oscillators (sine, saw, square, and more) or an advanced organ emulator.
Edit multi-channel samples and loops and place your sounds in a surround environment from quad to 5.1 up to 7.1, for a truly immersive experience.
32 GB Sound Library
MachFive 2 includes four dual-layer, 8GB soundbank DVDs that contain approximately 32GB of world-class sample material. The DVDs include a wide variety of multi-sample instruments, loop and phrases, including premium material recorded at 192kHz. Several surround soundbanks are included.
For your convenience, the sounds on each DVD are supplied in the form of a single, encapsulated "UFS" (universal file system) file, which you should copy to your hard drive(s). You can then mount the UFS as a disc image in MachFive's File Browser.
DVD 1 – Universal Loops & Instruments
DVD 2 – MachFive Concert Grand
DVD 3 – High- Resolution & Surround Instruments
DVD 4 – VSL Orchestra MachFive Edition
- Mac OS X - 10.3.9 or higher
- Windows - XP or Vista, 32 or 64 bit
- MAS, AU, VST, RTAS, DXi (plug-in) or standalone modes
- Stereo, quad, 5.1, or 7.1 channel formats
Compatible Sample formats:
- Apple Loops
- Akai MPC
- Akai S Series
- Ensoniq ASR
- EXS24 / GarageBand instruments
- GigaSampler 1, 2, 3
- Kontakt 1, 2
- MOTU Symphonic and Ethno Instruments
- Kurzweil K2xxx
- Roland S700 Series
- UVI Soundcards
- VSampler 2
|Apple Loops/Garage Band
||MACH 5 II
||Windows - XP or Vista, 32 or 64 bit, Mac OS X - 10.3.9 or higher
||Compatibility with all major sample libraries (AIFF, SDII, WAV, ACID, Apple Loops, REX, Akai MPC, Akai S Series, E-mu, Ensoniq ASR, EXS24 / GarageBand Instruments, GigaSampler 1/2/3, Kontakt 1/2, MOTU
||10 x 8.625 x 3
MOTU MachFive 2 Sampling Software