M-Audio ProjectMix IO Control Surface and Firewire Audio Interface and Samson C03 Mic Co
This exclusive Sam Ash package gives you the power and flexibility of the ProjectMix I/O, while throwing in a FREE Samson C03 condenser mic to get you recording in no time!
Seamless integration with all major DAW software. The ability to record directly into industry-standard Pro Tools sessions. Faders so you can feel the mix with your fingertips instead of dragging a mouse. On-board display of critical parameters for intuitive operation. Motorized control to craft more accurate mixes. And professional multi-channel I/O including mic/instrument preamps, Lightpipe and S/PDIF.
ProjectMix I/O is the universal solution that combines the best of the hardware and software worlds for a new standard in streamlined production. Compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered 7, Ableton Live 5, Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer and SONAR.
- 10-bit touch-sensitive motorized faders for totally intuitive mixing and editing
- built-in 18 x 14 FireWire audio interface means no additional hardware required
- 8 phantom-powered mic/line preamps
- assignable rotary encoders let you control mixes, effects and synths
- dedicated transport controls and jog/scrub wheel for seamless session flow
- ADAT Lightpipe, S/PDIF and word clock I/O for total digital connectivity
Complete Production Experience
Computer-based DAWs seem to have virtually no limitations—except those imposed by using a mouse to do the job of dedicated hardware. ProjectMix I/O finally puts all that tactile control back under your fingertips. It also combines that control with M-Audio’s acclaimed FireWire audio interface technology, eliminating clutter while integrating everything you need to transform your computer-based music system into a full-fledged digital audio workstation.
ProjectMix I/O gives you just about every kind of I/O you might need for a session—and at the same price as many control surfaces lacking audio altogether. Eight analog input channels all feature 1/4" balanced and XLR microphone inputs with individual mic/line switches. Of course, phantom power is provided for up to eight condenser mics and input 1 even features a front-panel instrument input so you easily plug a guitar or bass right in. 8 x 8 ADAT Lightpipe I/O brings the simultaneous input total to 16 and allows you to expand your system with devices like M-Audio’s award winning Octane preamp. This allows for eight more channels of preamp via Lightpipe. 2 x 2 S/PDIF handles all your other digital connectivity, and word clock synchronizes ProjectMix with other digital devices.
ProjectMix I/O also serves as a 1 x 1 MIDI interface, allowing your computer to connect with MIDI hardware. Monitoring options include two ¼” headphone outputs with separate volume controls for working with a partner, as well as two stereo output pairs for routing to monitors, processors and mixdown devices. There’s even an A/B headphone source monitoring switch for cueing. ProjectMix I/O brings all of this to your computer with a single, simple FireWire connection.
Dedicated transport controls are another feature that makes doing sessions with ProjectMix I/O a breeze. You get illuminated controls for record, play, stop, fast forward, and rewind, plus a jog/shuttle wheel and locate buttons for easy project navigation. Sets of keys for in/out points, zoom, region nudge, looping and more will having your flying through sessions with incredible efficiency.
10-bit Touch-Sensitive Moving Faders
The motorized touch-sensitive faders on each of ProjectMix I/O’s eight channel strips and master strip record and playback your changes, making for seamless mix automation. And touch sensitivity means that when you touch a fader in motion, it immediately disengages for manual control and re-engages automation when you release. This provides for both smoother operation and the elimination of motor burnout prevalent in older technologies. ProjectMix’s faders also feature higher resolution than other control surfaces in its price range.
ProjectMix I/O’s eight channel strips can map to as many channels as your project by simply pressing the bank +/- and channel +/- controls. Each channel strip features all of the functions you’d expect to help you zip through sessions, including buttons for mic/line, record enable, mute, solo, and select. In addition to a touch-sensitive motorized fader, each strip has an endless rotary encoder knob whose function is assigned by one of 15 dedicated buttons for EQ, aux send and more. Related information is displayed in the LCD window directly above each encoder. The encoders and LCD double to control assigned plug-in parameters as well.
Easy to UseFeatures:
M-Audio’s design team gave a great deal of consideration as to what features would provide the most value in an affordable package. They knew that cutting-edge features like high-resolution 10-bit touch-sensitive moving faders, large LCD display and mic/line switches on all channels were important. They also found that much of the expense of other units on the market owed to a dizzying number of controls that many users find daunting. Our engineers opted for a streamlined design that places some functions under the control of the keyboard and mouse, where they are best suited. The result is a controller that doesn’t have much of a learning curve, is much more intuitive to use and comes in at an unbeatable price.
- 8 touch-sensitive motorized channel faders
- 1 touch-sensitive motorized master fader
- 8 assignable rotary encoders and large LCD for channel or plug-in functions
- Mic/line, record enable, select, solo and mute buttons on each channel
- Channel +/- and bank +/- keys
- Illuminated transport controls for record, play, stop, fast forward and rewind
- Jog/shuttle wheel with mode switch
- Zoom key with 4 directional keys
- Dedicated keys for in/out points,locate, region nudge, loop and more
- A/B headphone source switch for cue auditioning
- Function LED display for each channel
- 8 analog mic/line inputs (1/4” TRS and XLR balanced) with signal/peak indicators
- 4 analog outputs (1/4” TRS balanced)
- 8 x 8 ADAT Lightpipe I/O
- Front panel instrument input (1/4” TS) switchable for input 1
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O with activity LEDs
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) connectivity
- Word clock I/O (BNC)
- Phantom power
- 2 stereo headphone outputs (1/4” TRS) with independent level controls
- Kensington lock port
- Compatible with Mackie Control, Logic Control and HUI protocols
1 year parts and labor.
An incredibly flexible and great sounding studio condenser microphone, the C03 has a two large (19mm) diaphragm capsules and switchable pickup patterns: Super cardioid, omni and figure-8 . The C03 is perfect for recording multiple vocals at once, acoustic instruments, room micing and more. It has a switchable high-pass filter, selectable 10dB pad, gold plated XLR connector and 48 Volt phantom power LED indicator.
• Large diaphragm, multi-pattern studio condenser microphone.
• Dual 19mm capsules with 3-micron diaphragm.
• Smooth and transparent sound reproduction from bottom to top.
• Super Cardioid, Omni and Figure 8 pickup patterns provide versatility in covering a variety of miking applications.
• Switchable 10 dB PAD for handling signals with high SPL’s (Sound Pressure Levels).
• Switchable Hi-pass Filter, 12dB per octave at 100 Hz.
• 36-52 Volt Phantom Power operation with Blue LED.
• Internal Shock-mounted capsules.
• Extended frequency response.
• Solid Die Cast construction.
• Swivel Stand Mount and Carry Case included.
3 years parts and labor.