Korg PX4A Pandora Acoustic Guitar Personal Multi Effect Processor
Since its introduction, the Pandora series has been acclaimed by guitarists and bassists for its high-quality sound, versatile functionality, and superb operability – all in an amazingly compact package. And now, the PX4A joins the series. The PX4A is designed specifically for electric-acoustic guitar. It can transform a piezo output, which has a tendency to be sterile-sounding into many warm, deep, rich and natural acoustic guitar body tones. The PX4A is a great choice not only for practicing, but for any situation that demands a great sound, including recording and live performance.
- Numerous high-quality effects using “REMS” modeling technology are built in.
- Features a total of 82 effect types, including mic’ and body effects that simulate natural acoustic resonance and mic’ing, as well as effects that have been optimized for electric-acoustic guitars.
- A notch effect setting provides control against acoustic feedback – or howling. There’s also an auto notch function that automatically detects the feedback point.
- 100 programs provided - 50 preset and 50 user programmable.
- Offers up to eight effects simultaneously.
- Knob-based interface for quick and intuitive editing.
- The Phrase Trainer function offers a great way to learn by ear or to practice soloing.
- One hundred rhythm and bass patterns cover a variety of styles with realistic PCM sound.
- AUX IN jack lets you play along with external CD, MD, or MP3 audio sources.
- Key Transpose lets you shift the key of an audio source that’s being input.
- The built-in Auto Chromatic Tuner also provides a Mute function for silent tuning.
- Semi-transparent LCD illuminates the characters in inverse video when backlit.
- Two-way power supply lets you use either batteries or separately sold AC adaptor.
82 Effects Optimized for Acoustic Sounds
The PX4A contains Body effects that model the resonances and vibrational character of great acoustic guitars. Aspects such as guitar construction and body size are modeled in painstaking detail for numerous guitars, ranging from famous brands of the past through today’s leading-edge manufacturers. The direct sound from piezo pickups can tend to have a sterile character, but the PX4A’s effects add the distinctive warmth of resonating wood that is typical of an acoustic guitar, producing an extremely rich and natural sound.
The effects of the PX4A extend beyond the conventional boundaries of the electric-acoustic guitar to include models for resonator guitar, a newly developed banjo, and nylon-string guitar – you can play a wide variety of acoustic sounds using just a single instrument. There are also mic’ effects that simulate the sense of space and depth achieved by mic’ing an instrument. With the PX4A, mic’ing techniques that require years of experience and knowledge can be easily utilized by anyone, delivering superbly rich acoustic sound even when using a line output. There are also numerous other effects, ranging from standards such as compressor, limiter, echo, delay, reverb, and chorus, through distinctive effects such as a twelve-string effect that reproduces the sound of a twelve-string guitar, and even a drone effect that simulates the drone tones of ethnic instruments such as a tambura. With a virtual infinity of possibilities that still preserve your natural acoustic sound, the PX4A is the ideal choice for anything from home recording to live performance.
100 Programs to Select
The PX4A provides 50 preset programs, covering a broad range of styles, including sounds of famous artists. You can also create and store 50 of your own user programs.
Auto Notch Function Automatically Detects the Feedback Point
The PX4A’s Notch effect helps curtail the feedback or howling effect that ca