Kawai EP2 Stage Digital Piano
A powerful sound system, acclaimed keyboard action, remarkable instrument sounds, and powerful features comprise the Kawai EP2 - an ideal portable digital piano for home, studio or stage.
- Powerful and unique speaker system (2 enclosures with 3 speakers each, 26-Watts)
- Critically acclaimed Harmonic Imaging sound technology (same as MP8 and MP4 Professional Stage Pianos)
- 88-note graded hammer action (same as MP4)
- 17 sounds with Dual and Split modes, Balance adjustment is on the panel
- 96-note polyphony
Powerful Speaker System
The EP2 features a unique sound system that has surprising power and fidelity for a portable digital piano. Specially designed left and right speaker enclosures, with three speakers each side, deliver a rich, full sound that is very well balanced and realistic. A strong 26-Watt amplifier provides plenty of volume for many applications.
The True Touch of a Piano
The EP2 features Kawai's AHAIV keyboard action. This action utilizes hammers whose weights have been "graded" to match the feel of our acoustic pianos. The AHAIV action delivers an ultra-responsive feel about which one Keyboard Magazine editor recently said "The sense that I'm playing an acoustic piano is uncanny."
The key to the CE200's exceptional sound is Kawai's acclaimed Harmonic Imaging technology, capable of recreating the rich, vibrant sound of Kawai's 9-foot EX Concert Piano. Instead of relying simply on multi-samples alone for tone change, Harmonic Imaging uses a proprietary process capable of producing an extremely wide range of dynamics. Thanks to Harmonic Imaging, the CE200 contains a remarkable recreation of the concert grand piano and many other instrument sounds as well.
At Home, On The Road
The EP2 is full of powerful, professional features. You can easily assign any two sounds in a layer or split keyboard, adjusting the balance from the panel. 96-note polyphony gives you plenty of notes in the layered sound mode. A built-in metronome with 7 different time signatures also provides 30 different drum rhythms.
Stereo lines outs provide connection to a sound system or recording console. Line inputs plays external sound sources (MP3 player, etc.) through the EP2's sound system. MIDI and USB ports provide connection to a PC.
An optional soft case makes it the ideal instrument for the musician on the go. An available matching designer stand creates an elegant look suitable any home decor.
- Keyboard: AHAIV Graded Hammer
- Sound Technology: Harmonic Imaging
- Polyphony: 96 Notes
- Sounds: 17
- Virtual Voicing: Normal, Mellow, Dynamic, Bright
- Speakers: 5cmX6, 2 enclosures
- Output Power: 13W×2
- Display: LED
- Reverb: Room1, 2, Stage, Hall1, 2 Effects Chorus, Delay, Tremolo, Rotary 1,2
- Dual: Yes
- Split: Yes, with 4-hands mode
- Dual/Split Balance: Yes, w/panel adjustment
- Metronome: 7 + 30 drum rhythms
- Transpose: -12-+12
- Touch curve: 6 types
- Menu: Brilliance Yes, Tuning 427.0~453.0Hz, Damper Effect Yes, String Resonance Yes, Temperament 9, Stretch Tuning Normal, Lower Oct shift 0-3, MIDI functions Yes, Lower Pedal On,Off, User Memory Yes, Factory Reset Yes
- Recorder: Songs 3 songs×2tracks, Max notes 10,000notes
- Jacks: Headphone 2, MIDI IN/OUT, Line in, Line out, PC Interface USB to host
- Accessories: Pedal, Music rack
- Optional: EPDS matching stand, F20 dual pedal
One year parts and labor.
||Headphone 2, MIDI IN/OUT, Line in, Line out, PC Interface USB to host
||EP2 Stage Digital Piano
|Number of Keys
||Damper Pedal x1
||17 Total Sounds
||53-1/2 x 12-1/2 x 5-1/2
||5cm x 6, 2 enclosures
|Computer Interface Type
- Fun To Play
- Good Sound
- Touch Sensitive Keys
Kawai EP2 Stage Digital Piano
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for three years and labor for one year from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.