IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.5XL Sample Workstation Virtual Instrument
The industry-standard sample workstation just got more powerful! SampleTank 2.5 is a major update for IK’s industry-standard sample workstation. With an exclusive combination of features and sounds, SampleTank stands apart from any other sample-based virtual instrument, making it one of the most powerful and easy to use solutions for making fully produced songs right out of the box.
New in 2.5:
- 5 Send insert effects and 5 Master insert effects
- New Master Loop sync
- New Global Volume/Pan
- New selectable Portamento curves
- Includes high-quality reverb derived from Classik Studio Reverb
• The widest variety of sounds covering all instruments categories - just one click away, with tons of Acoustic and Electric Pianos, Strings, Brass, Winds, Vocals, Orchestral sounds, Organs, Percussion, Drums, Basses, Guitars, Synths, Loops, Ethnic samples and more. Plus now you can read all “Powered by SampleTank” instruments (Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, Studiophonik, SampleTron) and access thousands of hi-quality sounds from a single interface. And if this isn’t enough, you can also import your own sounds for a truly unlimited world of instruments and loops.
• 3 advanced sample engines allow unique sound manipulation with multi-samples and loops: traditional resampling, STRETCH™ and PSTS (Pitch-shift/Time-stretch). STRETCH™ delivers amazing realism and expression over multi-sampled instruments helping you achieve true glide, bend and full control over staccato and vibrato with an incomparable sound quality (no more “chip-munk” effect). When working with loops, PSTS will allow you to synchronize them and control their tempo/pitch, for the ultimate beat machine.
• The most powerful multi-effects in a virtual instrument, with 33 high-quality effects taken from IK’s award winning T-RackS, CSR and AmpliTube. With 5 insert effects per part, combined with the new 5 send and 5 master effects, you can now have up to a staggering 90 effects available all at once in this production powerhouse.
• Extremely easy to use. Over 50 sampler controls are accessible from a single easy-to-use interface, designed so you can spend more time focused on your music instead of studying complex manuals. You will find yourself loading up SampleTank as your ‘go-to’ virtual instrument, every time you want to let your creativity flow.
• Use it live. SampleTank is so efficient that it can run as a stand-alone from even the modest laptops, with sounds that can load as fast as the ones from hardware keyboards. That is why more and more musicians now use SampleTank live for their performances. Try to do this with other complicated, heavy-load, sample-based virtual instruments, and dare to see the difference!
This is why thousands of top artists and musicians (including Eminem, Shakira, Black Eyed Peas, Genesis, Asia, Nickelback, Aerosmith, Outkast, Herbie Hancock, Nine Inch Nails, Laura Pausini just to name a few) have chosen SampleTank in scores of records and soundtracks worldwide.
- 16 parts multitimbral plug-in sound workstation with layerable parts.
- 3 synth engines: new STRETCH™, Pitch-shift/Time-stretch, Resampling.
- 32 built-in DSP effects, 5 effects per part.
- Loop sync and time/ pitch manipulation.
- Import WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI®, SampleCell® plus native sounds.
- 2 DVDs of sounds, 6.5 GB of samples and more than 1,700 patches included.
Multisamples like you’ve never heard before!
Multisampled instruments with STRETCH™ deliver amazing realism and expression. Your performances come to life with true glide, bending, staccato and vibrato with an incredibly rich, vibrant and natural quality. Plus, pushing STRETCH™ to the limit can take you to a whole new world of unheard sonic territories.
Loops become playable instruments!
The Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch allows to sync any loop to the sequencer tempo and sync various loops together with a single click! Slow loop tempos close to zero without affecting the pitch or have your loop tuned or singing by changing its picth in real time without changing its tempo. Play loop phrases with chords in sync and run them through filters and effects for the first time in a virtual instrument. Only SampleTank 2 allows you to use loops as an instrument with unlimited expression.
Easy for every musician to use
All of this power is packed in a musician friendly interface and everything you need right in front of you. SampleTank 2 makes it easy to access more than 50 new synth-engine parameters including multi-mode filters, envelopes, LFOs and more for your own patch creation.
Instantly compatible with every platform!
SampleTank 2 is available for Mac®0S9, Mac®0SX and Windows®, VST®i, DXi, RTAS, MAS and Audio Units all from the same box.
Unlimited World Of Sounds
The widest selection of hi-quality playable sounds you cannot find anywhere else. SampleTank 2 XL includes 2 DVDs, more than 1,700 sounds for more than 6.5GB of samples. A multitude of Bass, Drums, Guitars, Orchestral, Ethnic, Organs, Percussion, Pianos, Strings, Brass, Vocals, Synths and Loops. SampleTank® 2 XL gives you the inspiration for top quality composition and production right out of the box.
An effects powerhouse!
SampleTank 2 is the only sample-based virtual instrument to have over 30 high quality DSP effects built-in to the module. With 5 effects per instrument channel, the ability to sound like a produced album instantly sets Sampletank® 2 apart from all other virtual instruments. Included are effects from our award winning AmpliTube™ and T-Racks® plug-ins, plus 12 stage phasers, flangers, chorus, delay, reverb, rotary, tremolo... all saved with the sound for instant recall!
SampleTank 2 allows you to import WAV, AIFF, SDII samples, AKAI® S1000-3000 and SampleCell® instruments directly from the plug-in. Plus there are currently more than 5,000 native Sampletank sounds available from select world-class sound designers including Sonic Reality, AMG and Masterbits.
16 layerable multitimbral parts
A stream-lined interface complete with light-speed control over SampleTank®'s 16 multitimbral parts. Instant access to MIDI channel, Solo, Mute, Polyphony, Volume and Pan.
Save and exchange song data using the same sounds
With SampleTank 2 you can save every setting for making you own exclusive patches and presets. You can also exchange sounds and SampleTank® 2 sessions in any sequencer, Mac or PC, giving you the ability collaborate with musicians on any system.
You want MIDI control?
Every parameter in SampleTank 2 is MIDI controllable for optimal interactive performance. From MIDI program change to full automation and total recall, SampleTank® 2 delivers the performance features musicians need the most.
Full list of features:
- SampleTank 2 works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP/Vista)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, and AU.
- Imports WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI S-1000/3000 and SampleCell directly from the plug-in.
- Reads any instruments from “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules such as Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth and more.
- 16 part multitimbral sound module with layerable parts.
- 16 individual stereo outputs.
- Mix view and full mix parameter control.
- 3 synth engines: STRETCH and PS/TS (Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch) plus traditional Resampling.
- Powerful Effects section that includes 5 effects per Part, 5 Send and 5 Master effects with up to 90 effects available at once in one module.
- Send Effects includes Send and Return controls and Pre-Post options.
- Range Controls allows for creating complex splits and layers.
- Instrument browsing.
- Total sound editing with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler engine controls.
- BPM syncable LFOs.
- Portamento Time and Curve controls with multiple selectable Curves.
- Part and Master Loop Sync.
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing.
- 33 built-in DSP effects: EQ/Comp, Reverb, Spring Reverb, New CSReverb, Reverb Delay, Ambience, Delay, Filter, Envelope Filter, Multi Filter, Wah-Wah, Chorus, Multi Chorus, Phaser, AM Modulation, FM Modulation, Flanger, Envelope Flanger, Auto Pan, Tremolo, Rotary Speaker, Lo-Fi, Distortion, Phonograph, Crusher, Overdrive, Pre Amp, Tone Control, Cabinet, Parametric EQ, Channel Strip (with Gain control) Compressor, Limiter, Slicer
- Independent Part and Master Volume / Pan controls.
- Expanded easy to use full MIDI control.
- Responds to MIDI Program change.
- User preset and module save features.
- Convenient back-up function.
- Customizable keywords and sound search function with integrated sounds database.
- 256 notes polyphony.
- Customizable display colors.
Power PC based Macintosh®
Minimal: 866 MHz G4 processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Suggested: dual 1.25 GHz G4 or G5 processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
SampleTank 2 RTAS requires Pro Tools 7.0 or later.
Intel based Macintosh®
Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel Core Solo processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Suggested: 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS.
Minimal: Pentium 1GHz / Athlon XP 1.33 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later.
Suggested: Pentium 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2.4 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later.
Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS.
SampleTank 2 RTAS requires Pro Tools 7.0 or later.