Glyph GT Key Firewire 800 Hot Swappable Hard Drive (160GB)
Fully hot-swappable using Glyph's proprietary integrity™ FireWire 800 interface, the GT Key800 is interchangeable among the GT 051, GT 103, GT 205, and GT 308 FireWire enclosures. The new FW800 GT Key uses 7,200 RPM Seagate drives with Oxford’s 924 chip, and performs at bus speeds roughly double that of FireWire 400. Seagate's SATA drives incorporate Native Command Queuing (NCQ), an algorithm that reschedules and reorders commands, improving drive efficiency. In an audio environment, NCQ can improve the number of audio tracks that can be played, often by as much as 15% over existing PATA drives using FireWire 400.
Backward and Forward Compatibility
FireWire 800 GT Keys are backward-compatible with all GT Series FireWire 400 enclosures because both versions use the same hot-swap technology, Glyph's integrity™ FireWire interface. Older FireWire 400 GT Keys will be forward-compatible with the new FireWire 800 enclosures. Upgrading your studio to FireWire 800 can be seamless while you maintain your investment in FireWire 400 GT Keys.
GT Key800 is available in a range of capacities from 160GB to 1TB. They ship in a protective carrying case that includes anti-static foam padding with a hard plastic outside shell, which allows GT Key drives to be stored and transported safely.
- Glyph's integrity™ FireWire 800 interface
- Backward compatible with FireWire 400 enclosures
- 32MB cache in 1TB capacity
- Key Lock on Handle
- Hard plastic carrying case included
- Air flows through GT Key front to back
- 3 Year Warranty
- 2 Year Free Basic Data Recovery
- Overnight Advance Replacement
- Capacities: 160GB // 250GB // 320GB // 400GB // 500GB // 750GB // 1TB
- Rotational Speed (RPM): 7200
- Interface: Glyph's integrity™ Hot-Swap Interface - FireWire 800
- Bridging Chip: Oxford 924
- Average seek time (read): 8 milliseconds
- Maximum Transfer Rate: 100MB/sec (800Mb/sec)
- Sustained Transfer Rate: >70MB/sec
- Buffer Size (cache): 8MB (160-250GB), 16MB (320-750GB), 32MB (1TB)
- Dimensions: H 1.1" x W 4.6" x D 9.4"
- Configuration: Hot-swappable FireWire drive cartridge
- Weight: 2.9 lbs. :: 1.3kg
- Power Supply: Gets power from enclosure
- Operating System Compatibility: Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X; Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista; Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Content Creation Applications: Qualified with all major audio production packages that support FireWire storage, including Digidesign Pro Tools, Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar, Sony Vegas and more...
- Included: Protective Carrying Case
- Warranty Full 3 Years; 1 Year Overnight Advance Replace; 2 Years Free Basic Data Recovery