Emagic Unitor 8 MK II MIDI Interface
Unitor8 mk II offers flawless sync with Logic!
Unitor8 mk II is the ideal professional MIDI interface for Logic-based studios that require comprehensive synchronization with external devices. Analog and digital audio and video recorders, or timecoded DAT‘s can be flawlessly locked to the Logic system via Emagic‘s AMT technology, which guarantees timing accuracy. Outside of the unit's computer connections (USB, RS232 and RS422) and the 8 MIDI In and Outputs, the Unitor8 mk II features LTC and VITC I/O and an external Click input, allowing the control of Logic via a percussive audio signal. Patches can be changed via a footswitch or MIDI program change commands. In the unlikely event of notes sticking while in patch mode, the Panic button will quickly fix the problem. The Unitor8 mk II also features an updatable operating system, ensuring compatibility with your professional requirements both now, and in the future.
The Unitor8 mk II reads and writes SMPTE timecode as LTC and VITC. The precision sync processor built into the Unitor8 mk II is capable of reading the LTC code from a master tape machine at even 10 times the original tape speed. Using VITC is desirable when the sequencer needs to be synchronized to video with frame accuracy; the Unitor8 mk II provides this frame accurate synchronization at all times, even during fast forward and rewind. Thanks to the video in and output, you can insert a timecode display into the video with variable position and size ‹ even in LTC mode. These features plus the advantage of ultra short lock times make Emagic's Unitor8 mk II highly desirable in all production environments where intuitive workflow is as important as the time you will save.
- Mac compatible: directly supported via Logic Audio and SoundDiver; OMS; MTP emulation
- Windows 95/98 compatible (MME): MME compatible multi-client MIDI driver (multiple MIDI programs can use different MIDI ports simultaneously); Drivers for Windows NT and Windows 2000 are in development
- AMT in conjunction with AMT compatible software (e.g. Logic Audio)
- 8 independent MIDI Inputs with Activity LED
- 8 independent MIDI Outputs with Activity LED
- RS-422 connection for Macintosh
- RS-232 connection for PC
- USB connection
- 8 units per port* (mixed AMT8/Unitor8 mk II systems possible)
- Stand alone operation with 32 Patches
- Connection Activity LEDs (Mac/PC/Network)
- Panic/Patch button
- Unitor8 mk II Control software for Mac/Windows 95/98 included
- External Power Supply included
- LTC/VITC Generator and Reader with extremely short lock times
- LTC sync at 12-1000% original tape speed — also during rewind!
- VITC synchronization during single frame advance forward/backward
- Timecode Video Burn-In — also during LTC Sync
- Timecode Refresh function, adjustable Freewheeling, Jam Sync function
- Adjustable MTC Full Frame Message (e.g. for ProTools or Paris)
- Operating system can be updated via SysEx
- Input for audio trigger signal or single/double foot switch
- LTC/VITC read and write control LEDs
- LTC In and Out, 1/4" jacks
- VITC In and Out, S-Video connectors
* Mac: up to 192 MIDI ports (using 2 serial ports and USB).
Windows 95: limited to 11 MIDI Ports.
Windows 98: 64 MIDI Ports.
System Requirements Macintosh
- Serial operation: Mac OS 7.5.3 or higher
- USB operation: requires Mac OS 9.0.4 or higher and a USB 1.1 compatible computer connection
- Direct connection to Logic (4.04 or newer) and SoundDiver (2.08 or newer) without OMS
- Power Mac with 3 MB free RAM or better
- Free modem, printer or USB port