Emagic EVD6 Vintage Clavinet Plug-In (Mac)
The EVD6, a stunningly faithful emulation of the Hohner D6 Clavinet, is a superb addition to Emagic's Vintage Instrument Series.
No samples are used in the tone generation process, guaranteeing unparalleled realism when reproducing the performance subtleties of the original. Conventional sample-based reproductions simply don't come close; the sound is calculated in realtime using unique 32 Bit Algorithmic Component Modelling. The result is that the sound of the EVD6 is indistinguishable from the original D6!
Play that funky music
True to the original, the EVD6 reacts dynamically to your performance. The sound not only changes in volume but also in timbre. Hitting the keys hard results in a more metallic sound, while striking the keys softly produces a smooth tone. The Component Modelling of the EVD6 calculates every nuance in realtime, resulting in a sound of unsurpassed realism and musicality.
The layout of the EVD6 user interface positively invites tweaking. The user interface offers access to tuning, stereo spread, classic filter settings, pickup configuration and damper controls. Beneath the "hood" you will find a number of additional controls that can be used to subtly, or radically, customize the sound, something hardly possible with the original. For example the EVD6 allows you to modify the pickup position as well as the shape of the hammers striking the strings. Even the the string response and the typical click on key release can be controlled.
The right effect
The classic effects mixture makes up the typical D6 sound of the seventies. You will be happy to know that the effects of this era are accordingly already built into the EVD6: Phaser, Wah-Wah and Distortion. Of course, the sound of these effects is modeled after their original counterparts. For flexibility, different serial effect routing configurations are possible.
Like the other plug-ins, the EVD6 is seamlessly integrated into 32 Bit internal mixer of Logic. Logic's new automation systems allows the recording and playback of all EVD6 sound parameters.
- 32 Bit engine
- Up to 24 note polyphony per EVD6 unit (CPU dependent)
- Intuitive user interface
- Sample-accurate playback timing
- Can be fully automated
- Supported by Logic Control hardware
- Authentic, realtime emulation of the Hohner D6 Clavinet
- Multible selectable Clavinet models
- Detailed simulation of the electromechanical mechanism of the original instruments, including key release noises and pickup.
- Detailed control over of the characteristic sound properties when striking and releasing the Clavinet keys
- High-resolution control provides precise adjustment to string Decay, Release, Damping, Tension Modulation, Stiffness, Inharmonicity, Pitch Fall
- Graphical editing of the pickup positions
- 4 pickup configurations
- Rocker switches for Filter section with Brilliant, Treble, Medium and Soft settings
- Stereo Spread control for Pickups und Keys
- Damper wheel
- All parameter modifications can be stored as Settings
Minimum System Requirements
- 3 integrated foot pedal effects with selectable serial effect configurations
- Integrated Phaser with adjustable Rate and Intensity controls
- Integrated Wah Wah with adjustable Range and Envelope (AutoWah)
- 6 classic vintage Wah Wah filter models
- Wah Wah filter cutoff controllable via MIDI controller
- Integrated Distortion with adjustable
- Tone and Gain controls
- Separate Wah Wah and distorion (Fuzz) multi effect plug-in includes additional parameters
- Logic 5.2 or higher. Please note the respective system requirements of your host software
- Mac G3 400 MHz or faster
- 128 MB RAM or more
- CD-ROM drive
- MIDI interface and MIDI keyboard