Edirol PCRM1 25 Key USB MIDI Controller
The PCRM1 is the most compact, powerful USB MIDI Keyboard Controller available! This incredibly slim device is based on the highly-popular PCR-1, but lacks the audio I/O of the PCR-1 and adds a number of new MIDI features to make it more analogous to the larger PCR-series MIDI controllers. Like the PCR-30, 50 & 80, the PCR-M1 includes a 1x1 MIDI interface, sustain pedal connection, and expression pedal connection. Unlike any other PCR-series controller, the PCR-M1 offers a rotary encoder that can be assigned to a number controls including scrolling control maps, adjusting velocity, changing MIDI channels, & more. The PCRM1 also includes three different options for drawing power: 1) USB-Powered, 2) AC Adapter (optional), and 3) Powered by 4 AAA batteries.
Also like it’s larger brothers, the PCRM1 offers V-Link support for control of video devices directly from your keyboard. The PCR-M1 is incredibly versatile in terms of control. It offers 27 different parameter controls available from 16 different physical controls and functions with the powerful PCR-Editor available for PC & Mac.
The PCRM1 uses Edirol & Roland’s S.L.I.M. technology to offer a very nice playable action with a very short throw & very little side-to-side play in the keys. It may be small, but this feature-packed device is NO TOY!
The PCRM1 measures a mere 1-3/16” thick & weighs just 2 lbs. 11 oz. It comes with a protective neoprene sleeve to protect it in travel.
- 25 Standard Width Velocity-Sensitive Keys: The PCR-M1 offers standard width keys to ensure easy playing with 128-step velocity sensitivity.
- S.L.I.M. keyboard: The PCR-M1 has the same S.L.I.M. keyboard as in the PCR-1. Edirol has devised this keyboard action technology known as S.L.I.M. (Short-stroke Low-profile Impact Mechanism) to allow a compact MIDI keyboard to maintain incredible playability.
- Thin (1-3/16"), Light (2 lbs. 11 oz) Body: The PCR-M1 is just over one inch thick & weighs 2 lbs 11oz. Ideal for the traveling musicians, the mobile DJs, and the home recording musicians working with limited space.
- 27 Fully Assignable Controllers: 8 Knobs, 6 Buttons, and 2 Pedal Ports (with Shift Function): The PCR-M1 offers 8 assignable knobs, 6 assignable buttons, and 2 assignable pedal ports. The shift button changes the assignable parameters in 8 knobs & 3 of the 6 buttons for a total of 27 controllable parameters per control map. The PCR-M1 also has a rotary encoder (where the volume knob I on the PCR-1) that can be assigned to scroll program changes, scroll saved control maps, adjust velocity sensitivity, change MIDI channel, or adjust tempo. This allows the user to change these settings without entering the Edit menu of the PCR-Keyboard, for more rapid recall and adjustment.
- Separate Pitch Bender & Modulation Controls: The new improved pitch bender in the PCR-M1 transmits incrementally for consistent continuous (non-stepped) control.
- 16 Control Map Memory Locations: The PCR-M1 offers 16 different save locations for control maps. With 27 parameters available per control map, the PCR-M1 offers control over a total of over 400 parameters held in the memory of the keyboard.
- MIDI In/Out Ports: It is easy to connect the PCR-M1 to a MIDI device with just one cable. The PCR-M1 can export the same MIDI signals to both USB and MIDI cable at the same time - very convenient.
- Expression and Sustain Pedal Ports: The user can connect Roland’s EV-5 Expression pedal or DP-2 or DP-6 Sustain pedal to the PCR-M1 directly. Control parameters through these ports are fully assignable. For these jacks, a pair of PEDAL conversion cables (1/8” TRS to 1/4” female) comes with the PCR-M1.
- 3-way Power Supply: USB/Battery/AC Adaptor: The PCR-M1 was specifically designed for mobile computer musicians. The PCR-M1 is also designed for mobile musicians. The 3 choices of power are very convenient allowing usage in any condition.
- 25 Standard Width Velocity-Sensitiv