Edirol PCR1 USB Audio Interface & Controller Keyboard
For the traveling musician, the PCR1 offers the vast majority of options you've come to expect from a high-end sound card as well as a 25-key controller that feels great under your fingers. The PCR1 draws its power directly from the computer, so now you can compose, sequence, record, playback your music anywhere you can take your computer. After all, the beach is a much more inspiring place to write than your living room.
The mobile DJ will appreciate that the PCR1 can use the same control maps as its big brothers in the PCR series of keyboards. Over 80 control maps for various applications & hardware devices are already available for download from the Edirol website. The PCR1 measures just 1-3/16 inches thick & weighs a mere 2 lbs. 11 oz and comes with its own gigbag, making it easy to carry from place to place with your performance rig. It also includes a Kensington lock port, so that you can keep it from getting up and walking away while you're busy diggin' through crates of records.
The home-recording musician will love the PCR1 for its 24-bit/96kHz audio performance capability & the very light foot-print it leaves on your desktop. Whether working with software synths or powerful sequencing applications, the PCR1 offers an incredible set of features and superior quality in the most tightly compact keyboard & audio interface available.
The PCR1 is equipped with:
- Extremely compact, light-weight design: The PCR-1 is just over one inch thick & weighs 2 lbs 11oz.
- 25 full-width, velocity-sensitive keys: The PCR-1 offers standard width keys to ensure easy play, and 128-step velocity sensitivity.
- 25 assignable controllers: The PCR-1 offers 8 assignable knobs & 6 assignable buttons. There is a shift button to change the function of the 8 knobs & 3 of the 6 assignable buttons for a total of 25 controllable parameters per control map.
- 16 Control Map memory locations: The PCR-1 offers 16 different save locations for control maps. With 25 parameters available per control map, the PCR-1 offers control over a total of 400 parameters held in the memory of the keyboard.
- 24-bit/96kHz Audio Processing Capability: The PCR-1 offers RCA input & output, S/P DIF Optical/eight inch headphone output as audio processing quality up to 24-bit/96kHz for maximum performance.
- Completely USB Buss-Powered. No AC Adapter Required: The PCR-1 is specifically designed as a controller & audio interface for the computer. More over, it has been designed with the demands of a mobile setup in mind. Hence, the PCR-1 draws its power directly from the computer.
- PCR-Editor: The PCR-1 comes with a copy of the PCR-Editor in the box. The PCR-Editor is a powerful program that greatly eases the process of creating control maps for the PCR line of keyboards.
- RCA input & output: The PCR-1 offers line-level recording & playback through standard RCA-style connections.
- 1/8" Headphone/ S/P DIF Optical output: The eighth inch headphone jack doubles as an S/P DIF Optical output port, offering the full quality of your digital signal coming from the computer.
- Low latency driver support through WDM, ASIO2.0, & CoreAudio: Built on the Edirol's common audio driver model, the PCR-1 offers the same low-latency & stable audio performance which you've come to expect of audio products that bare the Edirol name. With superior driver support for Mac OS X & Windows 2000/XP, the PCR-1 is nearly universally compatible with the variety of audio & MIDI applications available for Mac & Windows environments.
- Direct Monitoring for ZERO Latency monitoring of incoming audio signals: The PCR-1 offers Direct monitoring of your input signal. You can hear what you're recording with absolutely NO computer latency. Direct Monitoring is simply a direct connection from the input of the PCR-1 to the output of the PCR-1, so the additional lag of the signal going through the co